Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Um, So I Might be able to Buy a Home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, So I Might be able to Buy a Home...

A snowbird friend of mine is deciding to stop coming down each winter - her kids worry. I hate that but she offered me first chance on her place. Yes, she knows about my situation. It's not big enough but there are work arounds. It would be both cheaper and nicer than what I'm in now - a lot of both of those.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Wow! May the Lord guide your steps!
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Thanks - that's exactly what I need right now.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Where is this house? different state?

Comment

No, and it's not a house - it's a live in camper with a pole barn roof.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            No, and it's not a house - it's a live in camper with a pole barn roof.
            Avoid that. It will fall apart after a while. They are made for occasional use, not as a permanent residence. Plus you will need to drain the sewage, fill the fuel, have someplace to park it, etc. Lot's of hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Avoid that. It will fall apart after a while. They are made for occasional use, not as a permanent residence. Plus you will need to drain the sewage, fill the fuel, have someplace to park it, etc. Lot's of hassle.
              Unless, of course, by "pole barn roof" he means that it's already anchored and plumbed and "semi-permanent" and...
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Unless, of course, by "pole barn roof" he means that it's already anchored and plumbed and "semi-permanent" and...
                Which it does.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

what kind of live in camper? Is it actually a travel trailer?
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Which it does.
                    Ah OK. But still Campers are not meant to be lived in all year round.

...Besides, where would you put your cats?

Comment