Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

I Bought a Knitting Loom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Bought a Knitting Loom!

I've already finished a prototype purse and just finished the shell for the first production model.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Wow! I remember seeing those years ago...when they became the must-have thing of the year. What's yours?
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Uuuuuummmmmm, not a knitting machine?

Comment

One of these: (The pic, not the set) http://simplicity.com/p-9675-boye-scarf-loom-set.aspx
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          I've already finished a prototype purse and just finished the shell for the first production model.

Can you make a cat with kniitting?

Cow Poke put me up to this.True story.
          "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
          "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
          Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
            Can you make a cat with kniitting?

Cow Poke put me up to this.True story.
            Not a live one. And no, she's not going to be knitting you a kitten anytime soon.

Comment

Note: CM and Cere just ordered one Kitty Starter Kit each. Since they were so nice about it, I'll throw in an extra dozen kittens each.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Note: CM and Cere just ordered one Kitty Starter Kit each. Since they were so nice about it, I'll throw in an extra dozen kittens each.
                Sorry, you must be mistaken. Too many cat allergies at this house for kittens.

Comment

At times I've collected enough fur to make another cat. I should send all of this to Teal.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    At times I've collected enough fur to make another cat. I should send all of this to Teal.
                    My sister spins. She has collected fur from my cat and her cat and some dogs to spin into fiber.

I asked her not to make anything for me from it.
                    Last edited by mossrose; 03-03-2015, 09:12 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There's this woman on the East Coast somewhere that spins yarn from cat hair, and makes little purses and stuff. She was using her own cat(s?) Hair...then people started asking her to do the same for them...

ETA: I just Googled to try and find her story, but it appears making yarn from cat ... and dog... hair is more common than I thought.
                      Last edited by DesertBerean; 03-02-2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I think we misread the first post.

Teal didn't get a kitten loom...

She got a knitting loom.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          Sorry, you must be mistaken. Too many cat allergies at this house for kittens.
                          Oh, so you want the Extra Large Grab Bag? Great - it's in the mail...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            There's this woman on the East Coast somewhere that spins yarn from cat hair, and makes little purses and stuff. She was using her own cat(s?) Hair...then people started asking her to do the same for them...

ETA: I just Googled to try and find her story, but it appears making yarn from cat ... and dog... hair is more common than I thought.
                            I don't have the patience or time spinning would take - but I do have several really soft kitties who happen to be long hairs...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Then perhaps you can team up with somebody in your area who spins yarn.

Comment