Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Bread Makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread Makers

Talkin about the kind where you put the dough in, turn on the machine, and it kneeds the bread, proofs it, then bakes it, and it makes such a WONDERFUL smell in the house.

We got one for a wedding present, and actually used it 3 or 4 times. It's been in a cabinet ever since.

Have you ever had one? Did you use it? DO you use it?

breadmaking-machine-bread-maker-machine-2.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I've been playing with my mom's for some months using premade dough. Now that I got 25 pounds of bread flour, I'm gonna step up my game.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      I've been playing with my mom's for some months using premade dough. Now that I got 25 pounds of bread flour, I'm gonna step up my game.
      Let us know how that goes.

Our first batch of "regular bread" was fantastic - and made incredible toast.

Then we started experimenting with "whole wheat" mixes, and ... um.....

SINCE then, however, we have developed a taste for whole wheat bread, so maybe we should try that again!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Let us know how that goes.

Our first batch of "regular bread" was fantastic - and made incredible toast.

Then we started experimenting with "whole wheat" mixes, and ... um.....

SINCE then, however, we have developed a taste for whole wheat bread, so maybe we should try that again!
        Remember the bread maker we had growing up as kids? And how those U.S. Treasury agents confiscated it and all the bread that we made? And said we were lucky that we were only about 7 or 8 or else we would have been in "big trouble."

Oh. You don't mean that sort of bread. Still I think it woulda worked better if you hadn't insisted on your using a green crayon for the coloring.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The recipes have all said the water must be at room temperature. But I tend to keep my house on the cool side...

Comment

I have two bread makers. They're called 'hands'.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                I have two bread makers. They're called 'hands'.

Use them to iron me a shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Use them to iron me a shirt.
                  No problem. Bend down a sec - I need an ironing board and your head will be perfect....

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    No problem. Bend down a sec - I need an ironing board and your head will be perfect....

Are you sure you're not my sister Carol?

Comment

great things to have. i think we have worn out a couple in ten-twelve years. we don't use it as much now, but it makes a mean pizza dough.
                      No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Sup!!! Long time no see!

Comment

Yeah, realized I had been a way for a while. I see that the forum no longer marks all threads read, makes it easier to read now.
                          No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Yeah I got one years ago. I used it for a while, but now it sits in the cabinet with my electric grill (like a foreman grill but I think it is Black and Decker)

I have been thinking about dragging it out again to try to make pizza dough like supton said.

I used to just buy the prepackaged bread mixes when I did use it. I did some loaves using flour and yeast but I never seemed to get it to work just right. It would either fail to rise good or end up with huge bubbles in it.

Comment

I've been reading that active dry yeast is better than instant yeast for breadmakers.

Comment