Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Pizza stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza stone

OK, who has one?
    Who uses one?
    Why do I need one?
    How would I use it?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

You don't mean stove?
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Nope -- stone....

Apparently, you heat it in the oven then cook your pizza on it. It pulls the moisture from the crust, and makes the pizza crispier.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Melmak won a pizza oven once. It sits on top of the stove and does a good job with pizza. Has a bottom burner and a top one, too.

He has taken to making homemade pizza dough, too, lately.

No pizza stone, though.............

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          It pulls the moisture from the crust, and makes the pizza crispier.
          That's pretty much the ticket. It's for home-made dough. Doesn't do much of anything for frozen pizza.

Comment

We have one, but I don't remember the last time we used it...
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I have one. Use it all the time. It does make the pizza crispier.

Comment

i have a wife instead. Voila! no cooking knowledge needed.

ok, we have a pizza stone. two actually. works great. crispy pizza. we use cheapo mozzerella, contadina sauce and nothing else, outside of homemade bread dough.

wife actually bought a stone for cooking french fries in the oven, and a small stone for the toaster oven.
                No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment