Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Budgeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL...in California, they probably have a register...but for volunteers to come cremate the remains and scatter the ashes over the road.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

hrmm no here they'd give it a buriel
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Here they leave them frozen on the side of the road until spring.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

We eat em' up here. Good roadkill. And it is often distributed to needy families. I got some liver a few years ago and had some liverwurst made from it. Yum.

ETA: Moose meat is almost like vegetarian, moose eat twigs, eh?
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            Yeah, there are others, Biolife is just the one I'm familiar with.

I would really recommend checking out donating plasma, because it really is fairly easy money. However, if you have any issues with needles, then I may have to advise against it, because the plasma needle is a lot bigger than, say, the needle for a blood sample at a clinic. I was shocked the first time I saw it. Most of the time the pain is pretty minimal, but it may be a bit of a barrier at first.

The pain also depends on the individual phlebotomist, though; some are better at sticking than others. Depends on your veins, too--mine are relatively easy.
            the nearest plasma centers are like 60 minutes from here...on interstates infamous for traffic jams. I've Googled for mobile units, but I guess plasma is too time consuming to be practical.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              the nearest plasma centers are like 60 minutes from here...on interstates infamous for traffic jams. I've Googled for mobile units, but I guess plasma is too time consuming to be practical.
              Bummer. Yeah, if you have to travel any significant distance to do it, I don't think it's worth it.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment