Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Bachelor cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a good price on four artichokes. Has two last night and will have the other two tonight. Yum.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4279[/ATTACH]

Scrambled egg, provolone, raw white onion, tomato, and hummus on multi-grain sandwiches with sour-creamed black beans on the side.

Looks like ... well, you can see what it looks like ... but nobody (which means just me) is complaining.
      The sandwich [s]looks[/s] sounds good but the beans...
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I did not eat my second set of Artichokes the next evening. I ate them the following day for lunch. I do like my Artichokes.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4279[/ATTACH]

Scrambled egg, provolone, raw white onion, tomato, and hummus on multi-grain sandwiches with sour-creamed black beans on the side.

Looks like ... well, you can see what it looks like ... but nobody (which means just me) is complaining.
          I'd eat it, though I'd strongly consider removing the onion as I just don't care for it all that much.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I cooked a fish for the first time in my life last night. I'm told it turned out well.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              I cooked a fish for the first time in my life last night. I'm told it turned out well.
              As did I. Dumping canned tuna into a baking dish and making tuna casserole counts as "cooking fish," right?
              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

I can make really good guacamole.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  I can't believe I haven't made guacamole in years! Thanks for the reminder.

On the other hand, if I paid for the shipping ...

Comment

We stayed at a house in Florida once, and they had these HUGE quacomole trees in the front yard - guacamoles the size of grapefruits just laying on the ground waiting to be picked up!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      We stayed at a house in Florida once, and they had these HUGE quacomole trees in the front yard - guacamoles the size of grapefruits just laying on the ground waiting to be picked up!
                      Same on the campus of Whittier College, at least it was 50 years ago.

Comment

I hate guacamoles.

They are evil. Like tomatoes.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          I hate guacamoles.

Yeah!!! and them Avacado things too!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            I hate guacamoles.

Do you mean to say that you don't like guacamole? If so, it's only because you've never tried my guacamole.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Do you mean to say that you don't like guacamole? If so, it's only because you've never tried my guacamole.
                              No. I mean to say that I don't like what guacamole is made from. Hence, I don't like guacamoles.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

More for the rest of us.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X