Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Steel Cut Oats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Cut Oats

We found a sealed can of steel cut oats with best by date of 2009. Since it was never opened, is it still OK? Near as I can tell, there are no bugs in it.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Might be stale. I would cook some up and see.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Ok.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

If the container was much older I would probably chuck them, but it's worth it to try a little.....especially if there are no visible bugs....

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Dates on stuff like that are actually only needed because they are legally required. I'd eat them in a minute (well after they were cooked).
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            We found a sealed can of steel cut oats with best by date of 2009. Since it was never opened, is it still OK? Near as I can tell, there are no bugs in it.
            Sealed metal can?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Steel cut oats should be fine.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yeah, I agree with the consensus. I would also say that if it was packed with a vacuum and there is a vacuum on the can still, then the chances are very high that they will be fine.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment