Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

cordless lawnmowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Cause he kept apologizing to the blades of grass as he murdered them?
    He is very polite.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think he is an illegal from Canada.
    Cause he kept apologizing to the blades of grass as he murdered them?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Did you check his papers?

I think he is an illegal from Canada.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I hate cutting grass. I just found a guy who will cut and trim my yard for $15. I am going to use him. Did I say I hate cutting grass?
    Did you check his papers?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You must have a real small yard. The going rate when I had a yard in the 1980s was between $20-25.
    Well the back yard is really small and I will cut it myself. The front yard is larger than most. Usually takes about 25 minutes with a regular push mower.
    Last edited by Sparko; 08-13-2018, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I hate cutting grass. I just found a guy who will cut and trim my yard for $15. I am going to use him. Did I say I hate cutting grass?
    You must have a real small yard. The going rate when I had a yard in the 1980s was between $20-25.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    My lawn mower quit working and I don't have the money for a full replacement. I've been using a weed whacker in the meantime with a 100 foot extension cord. It's the most obnoxious process but it more or less works. The extension cord just wraps around my house but constantly yanks itself out when I have it stretched to the limit.
    I have one of these on the wall of my garage for my outside cordednesses.

cord winder.jpgcord winder with cord.jpg

The cord is attached to the bottom of the net basket in such a way that you can't pull it out of the wall socket. And when you're done, it just neatly reels into the basket!

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    My lawn mower quit working and I don't have the money for a full replacement. I've been using a weed whacker in the meantime with a 100 foot extension cord. It's the most obnoxious process but it more or less works. The extension cord just wraps around my house but constantly yanks itself out when I have it stretched to the limit.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
    Survival of the fittest wisest...
    FIFY n/c

Leave a comment:

• Ana Dragule
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    In my part of the world that's a good way to get a heat stroke.
    Survival of the fittest...

Leave a comment:

• QuantaFille
    replied
    I recently bought a corded electric mower so I don't have to bother with getting gas, even though there are literally two gas stations mere yards from my house. I still like electric. Much cleaner and quieter. Mine is a Sun Joe.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Since I am no longer able to do the lawn my wife bought a battery powered lawn mower. She likes it and the battery will last for the whole yard.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    With a manual lawn mower, you can save on batteries and gym memberships if you mow often enough,
    I like the battery operated mower - when the battery needs recharged, so do I.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    With a manual lawn mower, you can save on batteries and gym memberships if you mow often enough,
    In my part of the world that's a good way to get a heat stroke.

Leave a comment: