Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

cordless lawnmowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ana Dragule
    replied
    With a manual lawn mower, you can save on batteries and gym memberships if you mow often enough,

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    I have the Ryobi One+ trimmer and pole saw. The it takes two batteries (usually) to do my yard...the pole saw is AWESOME!!!
    You cut your lawn with a pole saw?

Do you have a really long pole so you can sit on your porch and just wave it back and forth across the lawn?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I have the Ryobi One+ trimmer and pole saw. The it takes two batteries (usually) to do my yard...the pole saw is AWESOME!!!
    My Ryobi string trimmer is both electric and battery - meaning I can run it on an extension cord, or the One+ battery - I love that. It definitely has more power on A/C power.

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    If I ever get another trimmer, it will be a cordless electric. I have a gas one now and it is nothing but trouble. If I don't use it for a month or more, it is a bear to get it to start again. Plus you have to mix the gas with the oil and all that. Every spring it is a complete nightmare to start for the first time.

I had an electric trimmer about 10 years ago, but it sucked. It was under-powered and corded so I had to deal with dragging an extension cord around. But batteries and electric motors have gotten a lot better in recent years.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    So I'm considering getting a Ryobi Cordless Lawnmower. (probably from the One+ range as I already have a One+ line trimmer, and drill and circular saw). http://www.ryobi.co.nz/NZ/Products/P...den/Lawnmowers

My reason for this is first of all our current petrol lawnmower could well be older than me and the aluminium chassis is starting to crack badly. The second is I could shortly be needing to have surgery on my wrist which will mean 6 months in plaster, which in turn means that Mine Beloved will have to be mowing the lawn, and she doesn't want to be dealing with a pull-start engine, plus the weight of a petrol motor (and the electronic start is about NZ$1000)

SO my main question is, has anyone here had any experience with cordless mowers?
    I've had this one for about a year, now, and it works great. I use this one for the 'nicer' grass in the front yard and around the pool, and my 54" zero turn for the back yard and pasture. Mower seems to have plenty of power, and the battery lasts long enough -- about the time it's winding down, so am I.

mower.jpg

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    That's not the original cordless mower. This is:

Those have cords, but you'll probably need an extension cord.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Has anyone suggested the "Original" Cordless Mower? I actually own something similar... (batteries not included)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2220[/ATTACH]
    That's not the original cordless mower. This is:

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    Has anyone suggested the "Original" Cordless Mower? I actually own something similar... (batteries not included)

american-adjustable-14-push-reel-lawn-mower-d-20140107142547117~325970.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    let's try again
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2216[/ATTACH]
    The drones are on their way.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    I bought Ryobi cordless drill and flashlight relatively early. But by the time the rechargable batteries were worn out and needed to be replaced, Ryobi had changed the design and a replacement battery was more expensive than buying a new drill with the new style battery. I had hoped I would buy additional tools and use the same set of batteries. Planned obsolescence.
    EGGzackly - same with my Milwaukee cordless set - drill, reciprocating saw, flashlight, circular saw.... I'm HOPING this is different because Ryobi is building such an extensive (more than 50) tool collection on this same technology, and the same charger works for several different types of One+ batteries.

I'm buying several "sets", which include 2 batteries each and a charger, so I'll have chargers at various locations, PLUS extra batteries --- the "sets" are almost as cheap as buying ONE individual battery.

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    I bought Ryobi cordless drill and flashlight relatively early. But by the time the rechargable batteries were worn out and needed to be replaced, Ryobi had changed the design and a replacement battery was more expensive than buying a new drill with the new style battery. I had hoped I would buy additional tools and use the same set of batteries. Planned obsolescence.

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Wow! You can jump REALLY HIGH!
    I have a trampoline in the front garden.

(I do actually have a tramp. The girls spend most of the day in summer bouncing on it. The Google image predates us buying the house)

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    let's try again
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2216[/ATTACH]
    Wow! You can jump REALLY HIGH!

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Attachment does not work.