Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

raw oats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raw oats

Is it safe to eat raw oats like Quaker oats in a no-bake cookie?
    I am become death...

Originally posted by Anastasia Dragule View Post
    Is it safe to eat raw oats like Quaker oats in a no-bake cookie?
    My horses eat raw oats all the time, and they're REALLY healthy!

And, I've eaten a TON of those no-bake oatmeal cookies --- you mean the CHOCOLATE ones, yes?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

yes raw oats are very safe.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I think you're supposed to sow them, not eat them, but I suppose you can do both.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Whole or cracked?

Cracked are better for you in this case.

Oh, wait, you said Quaker - those are cracked. Never mind...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
            I think you're supposed to sow them, not eat them, but I suppose you can do both.
            I think you're confusing them with wild oats.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              I think you're confusing them with wild oats.

Oh yeah! I suppose wild oats, once they're sown, are domesticated, and yet can still be raw. Good point. I'm still confused about feral oats, though.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                I'm still confused about feral oats, though.
                Didn't he play second base for the Yankees?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Didn't he play second base for the Yankees?
                  No, you must be thinking of Daryl Oates, also known as Daryl (Hall & John) Oates.

Comment

Rolled oats. Yes good for you.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment