Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Grilling the BEST STEAK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    With all due respect to "Hank Hill," propane is for convenience not taste
    And your point?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    With all due respect to "Hank Hill," propane is for convenience not taste

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Propane bbq, with some cherry or apple wood chips to make a little smoke.

Up until last Friday, when we opened up the bbq and got terrified by a live mouse.

Now, I am ready to throw the grill away and broil the steak in the oven.

Edit to add: I hope this wasn't too goofy......
    Last edited by mossrose; 04-28-2014, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    marinate the steak for 24 hours in red wine, garlic mushrooms onion soy sauce woucestershire, salt pepper and some A1. Remove steak and grill to medium in charcoal or gas and seperately sautee the marinade in a pan. top on the steak.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I have one of those Charbroil Red infrared grills.

I usually start with a thick cut of sirloin. About 1-1/2 to 2 inches thick. I marinate in various things using my vacuum sealing machine for at least half a day (I like to experiment). Lots of times I will just use a rub.

Fire up the grill really hot, sear it for about 2 minutes on one side, then on the other side. Then turn it down and cook it at around medium heat till it's about medium-well.

---
    I made some awesome burgers on the grill yesterday. mixed up Ground chuck, with some chipoltle sauce, Worcestershire sauce, some chopped onions, and a teeny bit of garlic. Man, they came out really good. A lot of times if you add anything into the meat, it tends to break up on the grill, so I will make the patties, then freeze them for a couple of hours. It doesn't affect the taste and it keeps them together till they get cooked enough to flip without breaking.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    started a topic Grilling the BEST STEAK!

Grilling the BEST STEAK!

No, I'm not going to dive into my "Texas grill best" diatribe... I'm wanting input from others about your own grilling preferences / techniques.

PLEASE NO GOOFY NONSENSE, ok?

So....

Gas Grilling? Charcoal Grilling? Oven broiling? What's your best cooking method?

Then marinating? yes/no?

I think I grill a pretty decent steak, but want to perfect this art.