Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Old Hot Glue Sticks Any Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Hot Glue Sticks Any Good?

Once upon a time, I was hot gluing anything to do with crafts. Bought a lot of sticks. Time passed and I now have decided to pick up a bit again on my crafts. Found my trusty gun and the sticks. The sticks are old...I'd say 15 years or more (!)...but can't see any expiry date on the package...but there's a LOT of them...

I'm inclined to toss them, simply because they're old. Google isn't very helpful on whether they are still good...but I'm not so sure the prices on replacements would be all that great...? Opinions please...?
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

I have a bunch of those, too. And use them occasionally. I think they'd be fine.

Give one a try? I would.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      Once upon a time, I was hot gluing anything to do with crafts. Bought a lot of sticks. Time passed and I now have decided to pick up a bit again on my crafts. Found my trusty gun and the sticks. The sticks are old...I'd say 15 years or more (!)...but can't see any expiry date on the package...but there's a LOT of them...

I'm inclined to toss them, simply because they're old. Google isn't very helpful on whether they are still good...but I'm not so sure the prices on replacements would be all that great...? Opinions please...?
      Do they have expiration dates on them? If not...

And I'll have you note that I refrained from remarking about how hot glue sticks on cheese toast is delicious. Well, almost refrained.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They're just meltable plastic, basically... are they still bendy? The only way I can see they might go bad is if they hardened with age and wouldn't melt properly. Maybe try touching one to the outside tip of the gun when it's hot and check that it melts normally, before you put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by {Tim} View Post
          They're just meltable plastic, basically... are they still bendy? The only way I can see they might go bad is if they hardened with age and wouldn't melt properly. Maybe try touching one to the outside tip of the gun when it's hot and check that it melts normally, before you put it in.
          Yep. I have some that I bought like 20 years ago and used some last year and they worked fine.

How have you been {Tim}? Are you back?

Comment