Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Purina’s Fancy Feast expands into human cuisine, to open NYC pop-up restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purina’s Fancy Feast expands into human cuisine, to open NYC pop-up restaurant

I... I can't even...
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Rumor has it that each table will be inside a large box.

And don't get me started about the restroom

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I kid you not... I noticed this back in the 1970s and thought "What the ????"

I was "told" that only the sleeves were contracted through the Purina company. But the meat inside the tacos (aside from the added spices) looked and smelled quite a bit like cat food.

I never did learn the facts. However, it sure is gutsy to put a cat food brand on a taco sleeve. What were they thinking?

taco.jpg

Comment

Oh, this one is amusing (although quite old now, 1981)

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/08...8743367646400/

Ralston Purina Co., owner of the Jack-in-the-Box chain of...

ST. LOUIS -- Ralston Purina Co., owner of the Jack-in-the-Box chain of fast-food restaurants, said Wednesday none of the restaurants served horse or kangaroo meat in their hamburgers.

Spokesman James Reed said he was 'absolutely confident that no horse meat reached our customers.'

Reed said the company has switched to domestic beef since discovering horse meat in part of a shipment from Profreeze, an Australian supplier.

'We have gone entirely to domestic beef and we have decided to destroy the entire shipment from Profreeze -- even though most of it was 100 percent beef -- just to reassure Jack-in-the-Box customers of a quality product,' he said.

Mislabeled and adulterated imports apparently have been coming into the United States for several months, said Agriculture Secretary John R. Block.

The department is requiring the Australian government to test meat before it is shipped and to keep it under government supervision until it reaches this country.

Australian authorities last week discovered kangaroo meat in a shipment bound for the United States.

'USDA inspectors and some of our inspectors found three boxes that didn't look quite right out of a shipment of 605 boxes,' Reed said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

ST. LOUIS -- Ralston Purina Co., owner of the Jack-in-the-Box chain of fast-food restaurants, said Wednesday none of the restaurants served horse or kangaroo meat in their hamburgers.

Spokesman James Reed said he was 'absolutely confident that no horse meat reached our customers.'

Reed said the company has switched to domestic beef since discovering horse meat in part of a shipment from Profreeze, an Australian supplier.

'We have gone entirely to domestic beef and we have decided to destroy the entire shipment from Profreeze -- even though most of it was 100 percent beef -- just to reassure Jack-in-the-Box customers of a quality product,' he said.

Mislabeled and adulterated imports apparently have been coming into the United States for several months, said Agriculture Secretary John R. Block.

The department is requiring the Australian government to test meat before it is shipped and to keep it under government supervision until it reaches this country.

Australian authorities last week discovered kangaroo meat in a shipment bound for the United States.

'USDA inspectors and some of our inspectors found three boxes that didn't look quite right out of a shipment of 605 boxes,' Reed said.

I remember when Wendy's was accused of using worm meat in their burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I remember when Wendy's was accused of using worm meat in their burgers.
            Shouldn’t laugh. If our elites get their way that’s all any of us will be eating.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Shouldn’t laugh. If our elites get their way that’s all any of us will be eating.
              It's funny because today they actually are making burgers with worms and people are buying them! Idiots.

Bug ‘burgers’ are hitting supermarket shelves
              Created by Swiss startup Essento, the burgers are made with mealworms, rice and vegetables, and flavored with oregano and chili.
              https://nypost.com/2017/08/16/bug-bu...arket-shelves/

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                This is yet another of the problems when humans start treating their pets as if they are humans. We now have costumes for dogs and cats, and even [according to a friend in UK] wine for our pets - he spotted it in a supermarket. It is called Pawsecco!

The range of meals for cats is becoming increasingly hilarious and now includes soups, pates, and casseroles. When the dessert trolley arrives is anyone's guess!
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

It's funny because today they actually are making burgers with worms and people are buying them! Idiots.

Bug ‘burgers’ are hitting supermarket shelves
                  Created by Swiss startup Essento, the burgers are made with mealworms, rice and vegetables, and flavored with oregano and chili.
                  https://nypost.com/2017/08/16/bug-bu...arket-shelves/
                  Don't knock it. Grubs and worms are a good source of protein.

"It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

This is yet another of the problems when humans start treating their pets as if they are humans. We now have costumes for dogs and cats, and even [according to a friend in UK] wine for our pets - he spotted it in a supermarket. It is called Pawsecco!

The range of meals for cats is becoming increasingly hilarious and now includes soups, pates, and casseroles. When the dessert trolley arrives is anyone's guess!
                    And occasionally someone gets the horrendous idea of turning their cat -- an obligatory carnivore -- into a vegan; and there are companies out there promoting it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      And occasionally someone gets the horrendous idea of turning their cat -- an obligatory carnivore -- into a vegan; and there are companies out there promoting it.
                      Insanity and animal cruelty.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

At that point, just sell 'kangaburgers'.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment