Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Supply Chain, Chips, Electronics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supply Chain, Chips, Electronics...

What's really behind all this?
    Isn't this one place where the Government should actually be intervening, instead of talking about minting TRILLION DOLLAR coins?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Labor shortage causing container ships to back up on both coasts waiting to unload.

FA41cc0X0AkwNWo.jpg
    Alleged map of ships waiting in line.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, the first thing to do is fire the Interstate Commerce guy, whoever that is.

Oh, it's Gina M. Raimondo - FIRE her butt and get somebody to make the trains run again!

SecRaimondoOfficialPhoto.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        So, the first thing to do is fire the Interstate Commerce guy, whoever that is.

Oh, it's Gina M. Raimondo - FIRE her butt and get somebody to make the trains run again!

SecRaimondoOfficialPhoto.jpg
        The first thing would be recognizing the supply chain crisis is a global issue, like it's been reported, in all the papers, which you should read before engaging in faceplants like this o/p. Like gran used to say, "Better to remain silent and appear ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

The first thing would be recognizing the supply chain crisis is a global issue, like it's been reported, in all the papers, which you should read before engaging in faceplants like this o/p. Like gran used to say, "Better to remain silent and appear ..."
          You really can be a doofus, ya know. I'm FULLY aware that there's a global problem, but that shouldn't stop one of the greatest countries on the face of the planet from solving the problems we can solve, and not be so dependent on "the rest of the world".

Comment

You really can be a doofus, ya know. I'm FULLY aware that there's a global problem, but that shouldn't stop one of the greatest countries on the face of the planet from solving the problems we can solve, and not be so dependent on "the rest of the world".
            Container ships backed up at our ports isn't a global problem. It's the result of not being able to get folks here to unload them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You really can be a doofus, ya know.
              Years spent sitting at the feet of a master are finally paying off.

I'm FULLY aware that there's a global problem, but that shouldn't stop one of the greatest countries on the face of the planet from solving the problems we can solve, and not be so dependent on "the rest of the world".
              As if you checked before calling for people's heads!

Newsflash, master doof, the government of the greatest country on the face of the planet can't be run from a twitter account. Solutions to complex problems require careful analysis, which has been done, followed by appropriate interventions, which have also been done, as you'd know as well as I do if you checked your facts before posting.

Don't tell me this is something you're concerned about when you obviously haven't done any diligence on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                As if you checked before calling for people's heads!
                I did. Please take your unwarranted arrogant low class snark elsewhere.

Comment

The new vaccine mandate will make this even worse as companies who are already short on employees lay off or fire anyone who won't get the vaccine.

Biden is determined to create a new 21st Century Great Depression. Block oil pipelines, send jobs back overseas to China, and ostracize anyone who refuses to get the vaccine as a pariah.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    The new vaccine mandate will make this even worse as companies who are already short on employees lay off or fire anyone who won't get the vaccine.

Biden is determined to create a new 21st Century Great Depression. Block oil pipelines, send jobs back overseas to China, and ostracize anyone who refuses to get the vaccine as a pariah.
                    But he keeps being told, supposedly, that the vast majority of Americans approve of his policies.

You would think that SOMEBODY in his administration would figure out that we have to tackle the individual pieces of the puzzle -- like figuring out how to get ships unloaded that are already waiting. In my gas compression days, as Director of Facilities, I got quite involved in supply chain and logistics. This is not rocket science.

Because we were a gas compression contract operating on a "bonus for up time", supply chain and logistics were CRUCIAL to the running of our compressors all over the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

But at least he doesn't tweet mean things.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Only because he doesn't know a tweet from a twit.

Comment

Only because he doesn't know a tweet from a twit.
                          Rumor has it that he has actually been tweeting like mad. A couple dozen times every day. And saying some really caustic stuff as well. It's just that his See n' Say isn't hooked into the interwebz.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Just stupid things.

Comment