Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Good Old Bitter Ale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I can't stand Hefewiessen (or Rauchbier, fwiw). I love IPAs (and drink my coffee black & bitter).

Comment

Omission Brewery has a whole line of gluten-free beers.
      I've enjoyed their Ultimate Lite Ale. Later today, I'm planning on stopping by a bottle shop next town over that reportedly has some other selections I could consider.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't drink all that much lately, mostly because there's an unholy amount of calories (and in the case of wine and occasionally beer, carbs ) in booze... but I did have a bottle of Steamworks Imperial Red Ale the other day.
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
          I don't drink all that much lately, mostly because there's an unholy amount of calories (and in the case of wine and occasionally beer, carbs ) in booze... but I did have a bottle of Steamworks Imperial Red Ale the other day.
          I have come across a couple low-cal IPAs recently - Dogfish Head's Slightly Mighty and Oskar Blues' One-y.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I have come across a couple low-cal IPAs recently - Dogfish Head's Slightly Mighty and Oskar Blues' One-y.
            Nice. I'll have to see if there's anything like that in the local liquor stores. I'm trying to avoid 'empty' calories as much as possible, especially because I'm on the home stretch for my weight loss plans (I'm about 176lbs as of yesterday's weigh-in, goal is to get in the range of 165-170lbs), but occasionally if I can 'budget' for it I'll have a good beer or a low-cal cocktail.
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

My favorite IPA is one brewed not far from where I live. It is delicious on draft (but the two restaurants that served it are now permanently closed as a result of the shutdowns) but you can only buy it in cans.

I loathe canned beer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                Alcohol calories don't really count. You body can't store it as fat, because it is a toxin. It either burns it as direct energy or excretes it. Of course most drinks also have sugar and other carbs so you can turn those into fat.

more info:

https://www.seriouseats.com/cocktail...esting-spirits
                https://www.cnn.com/2013/04/03/healt...ine/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  My favorite IPA is one brewed not far from where I live. It is delicious on draft (but the two restaurants that served it are now permanently closed as a result of the shutdowns) but you can only buy it in cans.

I loathe canned beer.
                  I used to loathe canned beer, but these days I don't notice a difference between bottled and canned (granted, I've only had a couple which were available in both). My go-to local liquor store has a growler station which often features local beer.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I loathe canned beer.
                    I was on a rather snooty bowling team once (is that a contradiction or what!) where they would only drink microbrews. One time the bar ran out and I got a pitcher or Budweiser instead. No one would touch it. One team member said she would never drink Bud because it tastes like bananas. I thought "What?" Ever since then, Budweiser tastes like banana beer to me. Is this the 'power of suggestion' or does it taste that way to others, too?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I was on a rather snooty bowling team once (is that a contradiction or what!) where they would only drink microbrews. One time the bar ran out and I got a pitcher or Budweiser instead. No one would touch it. One team member said she would never drink Bud because it tastes like bananas. I thought "What?" Ever since then, Budweiser tastes like banana beer to me. Is this the 'power of suggestion' or does it taste that way to others, too?
                      I almost always drink microbrews. Yuengling is acceptable, as is Molson Canadian (and the light variety, when I can find it).

sigpic

Comment

I almost always drink microbrews. Yuengling is acceptable, as is Molson Canadian (and the light variety, when I can find it).
                        Molson Golden was my favorite when I was young but nobody else drank it so when we'd split a six-pack or case, it almost always ended up being Miller or Michelob

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X