Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

ReFi Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Enjoy the new taxes
    Sssshhhhhh.... we're not letting the tax assessor know.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Sssshhhhhh.... we're not letting the tax assessor know.

(to the tune of Walker Texas Ranger theme)

In the eyes of the tax man/ the unsuspected tax payer/ had better know the value of their home/ cause the eyes of the tax man are upon you/ any home value he's gonna see/ when you're in Texas look behind you/ cause that's where the tax man's gonna be.
      Last edited by Diogenes; 04-03-2021, 05:40 PM.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
        (to the tune of Walker Texas Ranger theme)

In the eyes of the tax man/ the unsuspected tax payer/ had better know the value of their home/ cause the eyes of the tax man are upon you/ any home value he's gonna see/ when you're in Texas look behind you/ cause that's where the tax man's gonna be.
        Before we moved here, our home was WAY out in the country, and most of my property was hidden by a huge oak forest.

Supposedly, the county tax appraiser had gotten lazy and was using drones to get an overview of properties - our assessed taxes were WAY under our property value. I never once complained.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, the process was GREAT starting out --- after I paid my $500 fee, it got more labor some, less communication from their end, and I was having my doubts --- but today registered my new loan at their website, and things look GREAT!!!! Everything is as promised, my monthly mortgage is almost $400 less per month, the outstanding balance has not changed, and it's REALLY EASY to make "principal only" payments.

Comment