Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

What do you like on your toast/bread/sandwich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOT sardines.

EVER.

NEVER ever.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      NOT sardines.

EVER.

NEVER ever.
      So... Not in a box? Not with a fox? Not in a house? Not with a mouse? You would not eat them here or there? You would not eat them anywhere?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

So... Not in a box? Not with a fox? Not in a house? Not with a mouse? You would not eat them here or there? You would not eat them anywhere?
        Not on a dish, never a fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Not on a dish, never a fish.
          If I gave you a prod, would you eat some cod?

How about a trout?

Or maybe a tuna in Laguna.

image_13778.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

bacon
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Nuh-uh. Bacon on toast, toast spread with a little bit of red jam. My favourite is raspberry jam.

I also eat chicken with honey.
              image_13778.gifXXXXXX image_13778.gifXXXXXXXXXXXX image_13778.gifimage_13778.gif

Best thing ever.

Toast.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

[* continue layering bacon until ready it's ready to tip over *]

Use toast as equivalent of plate and eat the bacon.
              Last edited by rogue06; 01-21-2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

image_13778.gifXXXXXX image_13778.gifXXXXXXXXXXXX image_13778.gifimage_13778.gif

Best thing ever.

Toast.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

Layer of bacon.

[* continue layering bacon until ready it's ready to tip over *]

Use toast as equivalent of plate and eat the bacon.
                For some reason, whenever you put an animated GIF in the marquee tags, my phone won't let me scroll past until they've moved off the screen. I try to scroll past but it jumps back up to the GIF.
                Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Sausages. And tomatoes. Sliced.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                    Often for breakfast I like to put some margarine on my toast while it's still warm out of the toaster (so it'll melt properly), and then a light spreading of peanut butter on top of that to make it nice and creamy. But for French toast, I like a light sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg in the batter and then some maple syrup over it after it's cooked. The odd time I have a sandwich, I like me some peanut butter and honey.

What do the rest of you like on your single/double bread formations? (And I can see at least one of you saying you like a "bacon sandwich without the bread" so I had to beat you to it and thereby win the thread. )
                    Cheese.

Comment

Sometimes just hothouse tomatoes with mayo on toast and cracked peppercorns.

Comment

Tomatoes are evil.

On or off a piece of toast.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Tomatoes are evil.

On or off a piece of toast.

Comment

Yuh.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yuh.
                              But if you stomp the little blighters they make such delicious things like pizza, lasagna and spaghetti. Raw or sliced however

Comment

But if you stomp the little blighters they make such delicious things like pizza, lasagna and spaghetti. Raw or sliced however
                                We agree!

Comment