Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

What do you like on your toast/bread/sandwich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andius View Post

Fancy that...
    Never considered tacos to be fancy

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Never considered tacos to be fancy

But surely you have fancied tacos.
      Delicious things they are and come in all sorts of assortments and arrangements of flavors and textures!

receta-de-tacos-mexicanos.jpg
      Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
      As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

But surely you have fancied tacos.
        Delicious things they are and come in all sorts of assortments and arrangements of flavors and textures!

receta-de-tacos-mexicanos.jpg
        Love 'em although I usually just get meat & cheese.

In fact, I was planning on getting a #6 combo at El Nopalito's (Burrito, Enchilada and Taco) for lunch today but had too big of a breakfast.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Love 'em although I usually just get meat & cheese.

In fact, I was planning on getting a #6 combo at El Nopalito's (Burrito, Enchilada and Taco) for lunch today but had too big of a breakfast.
          Oy, looked up Nopalito, looks good! ¡Good for you hombre! Wait....
          Just meat and cheese??

Now I'm beginning to wonder if that qualifies as taco.... Must open a new thread to discuss and elucidate amongst the TWeberos (That's Spanish for TWebbers ).

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Oy, looked up Nopalito, looks good! ¡Good for you hombre! Wait....
            Just meat and cheese??

Now I'm beginning to wonder if that qualifies as taco.... Must open a new thread to discuss and elucidate amongst the TWeberos (That's Spanish for TWebbers ).
            I really don't care for all the extras and discovered when they hold the lettuce you end up with more meat and cheese.

I've found that it is generally hard to differentiate between various Mexican restaurants (at least the better ones) but El Nopalito's portions are substantially bigger (at least wrt the enchilada and burrito) for the same price. And the margaritas are only $2.95 on Mondays (most places here usually charge $4 when they're on sale)

Comment

I really don't care for all the extras and discovered when they hold the lettuce you end up with more meat and cheese.
              Mmhhh, well that's true, can't argue against that, heheh.

I've found that it is generally hard to differentiate between various Mexican restaurants (at least the better ones) but El Nopalito's portions are substantially bigger (at least wrt the enchilada and burrito) for the same price. And the margaritas are only $2.95 on Mondays (most places here usually charge $4 when they're on sale)
              Not bad prices on that, yes. Heheheheh, admittedly, I tend to head to street taco joints, 3 tacos for 2 US dollars, heheheh.

Ooohhh, forgot what this thread is about...

Oh yeah, what's good on bread stuff!!!

MMmhhhh, could go for some good old fashioned buterbrod typical of Slavic folk... bread, butter, cheese, and doctor's sausage...

Comment

Mmhhh, well that's true, can't argue against that, heheh.

Not bad prices on that, yes. Heheheheh, admittedly, I tend to head to street taco joints, 3 tacos for 2 US dollars, heheheh.

Ooohhh, forgot what this thread is about...

Oh yeah, what's good on bread stuff!!!

MMmhhhh, could go for some good old fashioned buterbrod typical of Slavic folk... bread, butter, cheese, and doctor's sausage...
                First time I've heard of "doctor's sausage." Had to look it up. Kind of sounds like a possibly-healthier version of Braunschweiger.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

First time I've heard of "doctor's sausage." Had to look it up. Kind of sounds like a possibly-healthier version of Braunschweiger.
                  I tend to like the wurst sort of sausages.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Nope. MelMak won in the very first post.
                    Nope. he didn't actually claim to put bacon on toast, just said he figured one of us would say it, so I did, which means I won!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Nope. he didn't actually claim to put bacon on toast, just said he figured one of us would say it, so I did, which means I won!
                      I didn't know pirates were so nitpicky.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I didn't know pirates were so nitpicky.
                        When it comes to winning, there is no limit.

Comment

Cheese !
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Happy birthday, Laura!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Cheese !

Comment

I like an open face bacon sandwich

A bit hard to see the slice of bread at the bottom.

Comment