Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

What do you like on your toast/bread/sandwich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you like on your toast/bread/sandwich?

Often for breakfast I like to put some margarine on my toast while it's still warm out of the toaster (so it'll melt properly), and then a light spreading of peanut butter on top of that to make it nice and creamy. But for French toast, I like a light sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg in the batter and then some maple syrup over it after it's cooked. The odd time I have a sandwich, I like me some peanut butter and honey.

What do the rest of you like on your single/double bread formations? (And I can see at least one of you saying you like a "bacon sandwich without the bread" so I had to beat you to it and thereby win the thread. )
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

I sometimes melt butter on the hot toast, then spread strawberry jelly on top. It's a strange but wonderful combination on the palate.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Most favourite is buttered toast with a sprinkling of brown sugar spread around, then a light sprinkling of cinnamon. My Mom made that so many times for her kids that it's almost a comfort food to me.

Second favourite is buttered toast with a very thin layer of peanut butter and raspberry jam. With seeds.

Oh, and you are not allowed to eat toast unless you've buttered (or margarined) it right out of the toaster. I could never figure out how anybody would want to butter cold toast.
      Last edited by mossrose; 11-20-2020, 02:45 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I used to have the bread, butter, sugar combination. Keep it simple.

Comment

First we need to decide on what is a sandwich

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Peanut butter & vegemite.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Bacon obviously.

I win!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Bacon obviously.

I win!
                  Nope. MelMak won in the very first post.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Peanut butter & vegemite.
                    But not marmite. Too gooey.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Bacon obviously.

I win!
                      What kind of bacon do you think is best?

Comment

I like to spread real butter on toast when it comes out of the toaster and sprinkle it with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.

You can buy raisin and cinnamon English Muffins and do the same.

My grocery makes cinnamon and raisin bread and I treat it like I do toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                          I like to spread real butter on toast when it comes out of the toaster and sprinkle it with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.

You sound like me! Only I like brown sugar instead of white.

Comment

What kind of bacon do you think is best?
                            The type he is eating.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My grandmother used to make us something like that with left over pie crust

Comment