Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

What do you like on your toast/bread/sandwich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Pizza is baked, not toasted.
    You can toast bread in an oven. That's how you make garlic toast. Which is basically a pizza with only cheese on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You can toast bread in an oven. That's how you make garlic toast. Which is basically a pizza with only cheese on it.
      Pizza is made with dough. Toast is made with bread which has already been baked.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Pizza is made with dough. Toast is made with bread which has already been baked.
        Bread is made with dough too. Pizza just does it all in one step, from dough to toast.

Comment

Bread is made with dough too. Pizza just does it all in one step, from dough to toast.
          If it's all done in one step, it's obviously not toast - which requires 2. Duh.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

If it's all done in one step, it's obviously not toast - which requires 2. Duh.
            RONG!!!!

Scientifically Pizza is TOAST!!!

cubic food.jpg

toast.jpg

Comment

RONG!!!!

Scientifically Pizza is TOAST!!!

cubic food.jpg

toast.jpg
              So if I were to get some Maki (Makizushi) -- sushi wrapped in seaweed -- you'd call it toast.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                So if I were to get some Maki (Makizushi) -- sushi wrapped in seaweed -- you'd call it toast.
                Nope. See the diagram. it would be sushi because it is wrapped on all sides but open at the ends.

The sushi in the toast example only has one base layer and no wrap, that is why it is toast.

This isn't rocket surgery people! It has a diagram!

Comment

Nope. See the diagram. it would be sushi because it is wrapped on all sides but open at the ends.

The sushi in the toast example only has one base layer and no wrap, that is why it is toast.

This isn't rocket surgery people! It has a diagram!
                  Your illustration lists sushi as being a type of toast.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Your illustration lists sushi as being a type of toast.
                    I just told you. Top diagram shows Sushi as being something surrounded on 4 sides but open on the ends.

sushi.jpg

In the example of Toast, it showed "nigiri sushi" as being toast because it only had one base layer and was not wrapped like Maki. So sushi can be sushi or toast depending on how it is prepared.

Comment

• How is this thread still going after over 3 years? You guys sure like a lot of stuff on your toast/bread/sandwiches/whatever.
                      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X