Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Do you even lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you even lift?

I've managed to get my hands on a bench (pawn shop acquisition), a bar (from Amazon after I realized that the original pawn shop acquisition bar was an old piece of junk with bad threading) and a set of plates (free on craigslist!). So now I can lift in my basement. There are good things and bad things about this:

The good: weightlifting is now very convenient, and I have no excuse for not doing it.

The bad: weightlifting is now very convenient, and I have no excuse for not doing it.

Don't ask me how much I can bench; it's not very much. I'm working on it, though.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I've managed to get my hands on a bench (pawn shop acquisition), a bar (from Amazon after I realized that the original pawn shop acquisition bar was an old piece of junk with bad threading) and a set of plates (free on craigslist!). So now I can lift in my basement. There are good things and bad things about this:

The good: weightlifting is now very convenient, and I have no excuse for not doing it.

The bad: weightlifting is now very convenient, and I have no excuse for not doing it.

Don't ask me how much I can bench; it's not very much. I'm working on it, though.
    This would be a good place to post your progress - accountability, you know.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

thinking about the arthritis in my shoulders I look at this and I think Lift? Weights? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I do however walk most days of the week. made it to two miles finally which if you know me and my broken bones and surgeries, this is a huge accomplishment and took 4 months to get that strength and endurance back.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This would be a good place to post your progress - accountability, you know.
        Well...I did deadlifts on Monday, and decided to see how much I could confidently lift. Now, this number isn't going to impress anyone, but it was a milestone for me. I got up to 245, which at my body weight (175) and level of experience (< 1 year), I was quite happy with.

Comment

I have not done any lifting since college. Well not gym type lifting, I have messed up my back lifting beehives full of honey.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I lift all the time... I'm helping out in Grocery once I'm done all my office duties every day.
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Every time I get the urge to exercise, I lie down until the bad feeling passes...
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                Well...I did deadlifts on Monday, and decided to see how much I could confidently lift. Now, this number isn't going to impress anyone, but it was a milestone for me. I got up to 245, which at my body weight (175) and level of experience (< 1 year), I was quite happy with.
                From a young cool person like me, that is pretty good actually.
                We used to do weightlifting all the time during the football season.
                "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                  From a young cool person like me, that is pretty good actually.
                  We used to do weightlifting all the time during the football season.
                  My bench, on the other hand...is pretty lame. I blame my body type and long skinny arms.

Comment

My max bench is 135 lbs, which is pretty close to my actual weight.
                    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    I support the :
                    sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X