Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Itchy Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itchy Spot

I have a spot on my back that itches very frequently. Doesn't correspond to anything I can tell - it will itch just as badly after I've scrubbed the heck out of it. Tonight it's itching and the area is bigger. This has been going on for more than a year - maybe a couple. I never think to ask the doctor but it's really annoying.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Did you google "chronic itching"? If not, here's a link http://www.niams.nih.gov/News_and_Ev...ronic_itch.asp
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I would add: "see the doctor for itchy spot" to your do-to list.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
        I would add: "see the doctor for itchy spot" to your do-to list.
        Can't - not until I manage 'get a job'.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
          Did you google "chronic itching"? If not, here's a link http://www.niams.nih.gov/News_and_Ev...ronic_itch.asp
          Interesting. thanks.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Can't - not until I manage 'get a job'.
            You can still add it to the list in the meantime, so you don't forget for next time.

Comment

Try putting eucerin or Vaseline pruritis is a pain or an itch... Eesh. My favorite for chronic itch is a pea sized amount of lanolin which numbs the nerves and moisturizes then add some medicated powder like Johnson's baby with zinc oxide.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                Try putting eucerin or Vaseline pruritis is a pain or an itch... Eesh. My favorite for chronic itch is a pea sized amount of lanolin which numbs the nerves and moisturizes then add some medicated powder like Johnson's baby with zinc oxide.
                I'll give them a try. Thanks!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

To the readers who may be concerned that petroleum jelly may be too toxic,
                  try shea butter instead.
                  The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I'm not sure what kind of contortionist you two think I am. Pea sized, nothing - I can't reach it to be that precise. But I'll still try it when I can.

Thus far medicated powder alone is mildly effective, I think.

Everything else requires buying stuff (can't yet).

FYI: the area isn't dry in appearance and has none of the

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Vaseline or petroleum jelly is about a dollar for a tub at dollar general or family dollar. Just get the generic.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Vaseline or petroleum jelly is about a dollar for a tub at dollar general or family dollar. Just get the generic.
                        I know - and will. But I can't yet. Yeah, really.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, I tried the medicated powder but it wasn't much help. Tried foot powder which did pretty good for a while but now it isn't doing quite as well.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The menthol in foot powder tends to help. Do you have Vicks Vaporub? The moisture may help and the cooling effect of the menthol.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The menthol in foot powder tends to help. Do you have Vicks Vaporub? The moisture may help and the cooling effect of the menthol.
                              I can get some - gonna be interesting getting it on...

Thanks!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X