Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Artificial Sweetners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, then. Go and buy the smallest package you can find. If it makes you sick, send the rest to Bill.

I am guessing, and I don't know for sure, that it's more likely the juice itself causing problems.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I ain't breaking no law, mossy! But my dad has Splenda...so I'll use those. Good idea.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Ok, then. Go and buy the smallest package you can find. If it makes you sick, send the rest to Bill.

I am guessing, and I don't know for sure, that it's more likely the juice itself causing problems.
        You do realize of course that if a product gets you sick you can return it to the place you bought it from and get a refund.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I overdosed on Splenda two or three times. It left me dizzy for days (3 to 4, if memory serves). I felt like I was on a merry-go-round.

I like to use Stevia extract. The pure Stevia is better than something like Truvia.

Some people notice an aftertaste or simply don't like the bit of flavor it may also add.

Comment

Hmm...how much did you eat, mike???

Comment

It was awhile ago. Maybe I had two or three cans of Hansen's soda and a bunch of Ice Cream sweetened with Splenda.

Comment

I've looked at Stevia. It's awfully expensive.

Long ago, mo. Had us all on diets. I drank this diet Pepsi that had a strong lemon zing. It was the only diet drink I liked, because I hated the aftertaste most of those sweetners have.saccharineremember the name and in any case it had saccharin.

Comment

I figured the cost isn't too bad. I bought some Stevia in powder form maybe 6 months ago. I used it to sweeten lemon juice (not from extract) found at Smart and Final. Right now I use it with coffee.

This is a minor way to reduce sugar intake.

Comment

Try Miracle Berry tablets. Chew one and in a couple minutes a lemon tastes like sweet lemonade..
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Seriously, Splenda aka sucralose, is chemically identical to sucrose. It can not be used by the body since it is left handed sugar and our bodies can only use right handed sugar. This is true even if you are left handed.

Well mostly seriously.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        I've tried Splenda very cautiously. But I've discovered that drinks like V8 Splash, which I really really like, have Splenda, and I have had some, er, strong digestive reaction to those drinks. I don't know how to tell if it's the Splenda or something else causing it.
                        Get some Splenda, mix it in something simple like Tea and see if you react...

Have you tried Stevia? It's pretty common now, and it's not bad. Also,it's an all natural product, not artificial. It was still a little pricey though last time I checked....
                        ETA: NVM I just saw the Stevia Comments...
                        Last edited by Littlejoe; 04-29-2015, 03:41 PM.
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

It's ok LJ. I really appreciate all the feedback. I use sugar for now, but I really want to have more substitutes that I can use as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            I've looked at Stevia. It's awfully expensive.

(FIXED)Long ago, mom had us all on diets. I drank this diet Pepsi that had a strong lemon zing. It was the only diet drink I liked, because I hated the aftertaste most of those sweetners have. I don't remember the name and in any case it had saccharin.(FIXED)
                            What I get for fat thumbing on my phone...

Comment

I like stevia I also like aspartame but not for baking. I prefer fruit like applesauce date paste and xylitol. Stevia doesn't do great for baking either especially in whipped items so I blend it with sugar or use one of the fancier expensive plant sugars
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                Seriously, Splenda aka sucralose, is chemically identical to sucrose. It can not be used by the body since it is left handed sugar and our bodies can only use right handed sugar. This is true even if you are left handed.

Well mostly seriously.
                                and that is how the world ends... One day a bright naturalist decides that creating left-handed sugar in a test tube is bad for you, so he develops an organic GMO sugar cane that produces left-handed sugar. Unfortunately Jed's bees like the left-handed sugar and cross-pollinate the LH Sugar cane with other plants. Pretty soon all plants are making left-handed sugars instead of right-handed, and the world starves to death.

It's all Jed's fault.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X