Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Yogurt and sugar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damon
    I take light sugar in yogurt.
    Mostly I take yogurt, banana, and strawberry shake in my breakfast. There is no need to use the sugar in this shake. It's too much tasty and very good to boost the energy for the workout.
    Welcome, Damon!
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      You can buy some brands of yogurt with low sugar, but they are hard to find. First ignore the low or no fat labels. Fat does not make you fat. Sugar is actually a necessary ingredient for the making of yogurt. The problem is how much?

I found that making my own yogurt and controlling the amount of sugar in it was the best way to go. I will post my recipe next. In general making many things at home and controlling the ingredients tends to improve the quality and control over content of sugar and other carbohydrates.
      The only sugar required in making yogurt is the lactose already present in the milk. None need be added. I have made lots of yogurt and never added any sugar. What do you mean by "controlling the amount of sugar in it?"
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I'm almost eating unsweetened yogurt now. I add a bit of granola still, but I almost like it plain.

Unfortunately it summer. Ice cream time! So much for a low sugar diet.
        No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by supton View Post
          I'm almost eating unsweetened yogurt now. I add a bit of granola still, but I almost like it plain.
          I like plain yoghurt. I eat nonfat because that is what my wife buys for me. I don't really care. Of course I like my coffee unsweetened too.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I was drinking coffee unsweetened for the last couple months but for the last I've slipped and have been putting in one cube. Quite good that way.

They didn't have my Chobani this week so I have to try Dannon. Market Basket Greek yogurt just wasn't the same for me.
            No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

I was drinking coffee unsweetened for the last couple months but for the last I've slipped and have been putting in one cube. Quite good that way.

They didn't have my Chobani this week so I have to try Dannon. Market Basket Greek yogurt just wasn't the same for me.
              Nancy's.

Comment

I didn't realize plain yogurt had so much sugar! I had my wife get me some, thinking I could blend some granola in to make a lower sugar food; nope, a cup of yogurt has 9 grams of sugar. As sour as it is!

So much for that idea. I save a bit but not that much. Granola plus yogurt = 15 grams, while the blended fruit ones are like upwards of 19. Very minor savings.
                One alternative is to make your own yogurt, and control the amount of sugar it contains. Definitely use Whole Milk for decent yogurt to get real yogurt flavor. It is ironic how the market is loaded with low fat and no fat high sugar yogurt. Dairy fat in reality is not the major health issue, sugar is.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X