Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Healthy Snacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    Nuts are really good for you, a great source of essential fatty acids, but they have a lot, a lot, A LOT of calories.
    Calories are not evil. They are merely the bane of lazy people.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Lunch for today:

1 Granny Smith apple
      1 Clementine
      1 Greek Yogurt (for protein)
      8oz Pomegranate juice

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Calories are not evil. They are merely the bane of lazy people.
        No, of course not, but I doubt many people know how many calories there are in nuts. I regularly eat walnuts and almonds because I like them and because of their nutritional value, but 1 cup of walnuts can be 800 calories.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

I like nuts. Cashews and almonds especially. I'm not worried about calories, because I'm young and can't gain weight anyway no matter what I do.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            I like nuts. Cashews and almonds especially. I'm not worried about calories, because I'm young and can't gain weight anyway no matter what I do.
            I used to be like that. Lately, I've been trying to get back to that level of fitness and activity, especially with swimming and occasional circuit training. I'm up to swimming 3 miles continuous, ie, without stopping. It feels really great to be in shape again.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

We like Rice Works chips. I like this "Dubliner" brand cheddar. And wine, in moderation (usually). But that is our evening snack which sometimes think is more of a fourth meal. During the day I don't think we snack too much. If I am dragging I will go for some mixed nuts.
              No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X