Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Healthy Snacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Snacks

What are your favorite healthy snacks? I love radishes and broccoli--I could eat bowlfuls of radishes and broccoli, plain and raw. No Ranch required. Nutritious, crunchy, and tasty. What more could you want?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Almonds or other nuts.

Unfortunately I can't eat raw almonds anymore, so they are roasted or toasted. Still good for me, says my doctor.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Clementines. They count as reasonably healthy, right?
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Fried chicken and onion rings.

Oh you said "healthy"

Hmmmm, er.. uhmmm.....

Well I do like fruit and veggies like baby carrots, and salads.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Clementines. They count as reasonably healthy, right?
          Sure.

Strangely, although orange juice is by far my favorite fruit juice, I don't actually like oranges all that much. I'm not sure why.

Comment

Roasted pumpkin seeds are also delicious, and a good source of protein.

Comment

Raw sunflower seeds.

I like raw carrots, but I can only handle them in small quantities.

Apples are good (as long as they're not red delicious, which tend to be soft).

I also really like dried apricots.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Raw sunflower seeds.

I like raw carrots, but I can only handle them in small quantities.

Apples are good (as long as they're not red delicious, which tend to be soft).

I also really like dried apricots.
                I really like apples, but yeah...Red Delicious are just not very good.

I visited my family last week, and got to try some homemade applesauce that my sister made. Another sister and I couldn't believe that she hadn't added anything to it. I can't describe it, but it was like eating applesauce made from apples out of Eden.

Comment

My favorite healthy snack?

Bacon! Is anyone surprised?

Oh, and according to Jed's Law, this thread has been hereby won

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    My favorite healthy snack?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5083[/ATTACH]

Bacon! Is anyone surprised?

Oh, and according to Jed's Law, this thread has been hereby won
                    I am surprised that Sparko did not beat you to it, even when he posted first. He probably doesn't even drink rum either.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Apples - Granny Smith
                      Pears - the crunchy ones not the soggy ones
                      Grapes - any kind
                      Watermelon
                      Clementines or other tangerine/mandarin type oranges
                      Strawberries
                      Blueberries
                      Raspberries and Blackberries
                      Pineapple
                      Cherries

Those are my favorite fruits.

Veggies: I like cucumbers, baby carrots, red peppers, Broccoli, Celery (in small amounts). I like to dip them in various dressings like ranch for snacking.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        I am surprised that Sparko did not beat you to it, even when he posted first. He probably doesn't even drink rum either.
                        Of course not. Rum is for baby pirates. I drink spiced gasoline.

Comment

All kinds of berries. Bananas. Craisins.

Edamame, steamed fresh or dried. Spinach and eggs. Maybe with some green onion or broccoli too.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I am going to make some healthy snacks this weekend.

Beef Jerky.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Apples - Granny Smith
                              Pears - the crunchy ones not the soggy ones
                              Grapes - any kind
                              Watermelon
                              Clementines or other tangerine/mandarin type oranges
                              Strawberries
                              Blueberries
                              Raspberries and Blackberries
                              Pineapple
                              Cherries

Those are my favorite fruits.

Veggies: I like cucumbers, baby carrots, red peppers, Broccoli, Celery (in small amounts). I like to dip them in various dressings like ranch for snacking.
                              Granny Smith are too tart for my taste (they're probably the most tart popular apple out there although great for cooking). I prefer sweeter apples like Galas.

And I prefer soft pears.

As for veggies... green beans, grilled asparagus, pickled cabbage (sauerkraut), most anything in Chinese food. Also potatoes, but a lot of folks don't consider them a "proper" veggie although they're wrong.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X