Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

salt to "soak up" phytic acid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking is surely not too harmful considering how many people who started smoking early usually manage to live more than long enough to procreate.

My goal is tip-top health. If that is not your goal, in preference of other goals, then you should unsubscribe.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
      Utter woo.

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
      That's what I like: a cogent argument backed up with peer reviewed data.

Comment

Second thoughts. I started this thread with the assumption that phytic acid is 100% evil. However, now it seems that some people if not all may benefit from some intake of phytic acid or phytate. What if everyone has an optimum of phytic acid intake? The optimum possibly varies from individual to individual, from nearly zero to maybe a few grams. It seems to me that research needs to be done to address that issue. Now I think now it will be a waste of time trying to reduce the amount of phytic acid in the food such as nuts; that is, we should wait for some such research before proceeding further.
        Last edited by Truthseeker; 02-16-2015, 06:53 PM.
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Recently a doctor said that certain kinds of gut bacteria (for one, Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum) convert phytic acid into inositol. Low levels of that appear to be a factor in diverse disorders such as insomnia, fatty liver disease, OCD, depression.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X