Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Donating plasma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating plasma

I just got done donating plasma. Went fine, as they always do for me. As I sat in my car after I was done, I thought to myself, "My arm feels unusually cool. What could that be?" I looked down at my hand, and there was blood all over it. Apparently when I'd put my coat on I'd shifted the pad, and leaked everywhere.

Good thing we had a box of baby wipes in the car. Hopefully my coat fares ok in the washing machine.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Whenever I donate blood I take the time to do so via the apheresis machine, and for people who don't know what that is, it harvests certain components of your blood and filters it, and replaces what it doesn't need back into your body. It puts your own cold blood back into your veins. I start shivering and need a blanket.
    Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Yeah, I donate plasma at Biolife and they use plasmapheresis machines.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I have never given just plasma. I have given over 10 gallons of blood, but I donate rarely these days. Too far to drive into town just to donate. I do donate whenever I run into the mobile unit though. Two more years and I will require a doctors permission to give blood.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Hm...I had to quit giving blood because apparently my body doesn't handle it well? Never could figure it out. But I did get involved in blood drives.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Oh...and as for OP...depending on what your coat is made of, you might try soaking in cold water and use Ivory soap or something like that on the spot.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              Oh...and as for OP...depending on what your coat is made of, you might try soaking in cold water and use Ivory soap or something like that on the spot.
              Can also get something like BioAd or some such that you can soak the fabric in as well as cold water.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Wisk - works on ring around the collar...

I keep meaning to ask if I can donate plasma. Blood is out since I have anemia issues...
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X