Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Who Wants to Lose Weight With Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcoth
    replied
    Originally posted by supton View Post
    I make sure to count the calories, and if I know I'm going to go over, I skip out on the vegetables so as to keep the rum. Gotta have priorities.

I'm trying hard at work to get up once/hour and walk down the hallway. I really oughta make an excuse to go up the three flights of stairs instead. I've noticed there are a handful of people who have converted their desks from ones you sit at to ones you stand at. Not sure that would help burn calories as much as promote posture. I'd contemplate that if I had more desk space, and could have both kinds of desks--I'd think my feet would get tired too quickly. But to be able to alternate during the day?
    Spring for one of those recumbent bike desk combos

Leave a comment:

• supton
    replied
    Originally posted by Alcoth View Post
    An old friend's voice is ringing in my head. Think sing-song Irish accent - "Empty Calories!!"
    I make sure to count the calories, and if I know I'm going to go over, I skip out on the vegetables so as to keep the rum. Gotta have priorities.

I'm trying hard at work to get up once/hour and walk down the hallway. I really oughta make an excuse to go up the three flights of stairs instead. I've noticed there are a handful of people who have converted their desks from ones you sit at to ones you stand at. Not sure that would help burn calories as much as promote posture. I'd contemplate that if I had more desk space, and could have both kinds of desks--I'd think my feet would get tired too quickly. But to be able to alternate during the day?

Leave a comment:

• thewriteranon
    replied
    I'm not in the market for losing weight. Already petite. But I sure do love exercise and I am a dancer that at least tries to keep up her flexibility when she's floating between classes. Keeping it lean and flexible.

Leave a comment:

• Alcoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    I'm pregnant. I shouldn't be losing weight until after the baby's born This is the one time in life when I'm supposed to gain.
    Oh go eat some pizza.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    I'm pregnant. I shouldn't be losing weight until after the baby's born This is the one time in life when I'm supposed to gain.

Leave a comment:

• Alcoth
    replied
    Originally posted by supton View Post
    I suspect my nightly ration of rum is not helping.
    An old friend's voice is ringing in my head. Think sing-song Irish accent - "Empty Calories!!"

I've been using livestrong's myplate app for a while now. I'm 6'0", at 206lb now, lost 15lbs since Nov. Shooting for 185. Daily diet tracking (every calorie!) and exercise (5%-10% incline treadmill walking or recumbent bike, plus weight routine) are my preferred methods.

I'll happily post regularly in this thread if it helps motivate!

Leave a comment:

• supton
    replied
    I started using myfitnesspal last year, and it did help me lose 10lb I think. I think my activity level rose though, and the desire to lose weight waned, so I haven't lost anything for several months. Working on that bit, want to lose another 20. I think just 10 more would move me out of the overweight BMI catagory.

I suspect my nightly ration of rum is not helping.

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    started a topic Who Wants to Lose Weight With Me?

Who Wants to Lose Weight With Me?

So I'm into losing my unwanted fat, getting in shape, feeling better and being healthier...anyone want to join me? The being full of energy and feeling way better part is kind of drag, but you know how it is, always a down side to everything

I started last Nov. 19th at 230 lbs. I'm 6'2". I'm currently at 194 and may want to get down to 180. The first 20 pounds came off in a month. Lately, it's been reduced to a crawl, but that's what I have read almost everywhere...the body does not like to give up that final 10 or 15.

I'm doing a low carb diet, with exercise. I drink bullet proof coffee for breakfast. Ever hear of that? The stuff is super healthy and gets your metabolism off to a fast start.

So...who's in or wants to learn more or just add their own experience and knowledge here? I want to talk about it and encourage anyone who finds it tough.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X