Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Who Wants to Lose Weight With Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    I am around 5' 8. I have no idea what frame I am, probably medium. Been overweight most of my life though. I think I should be around 150 to 160 lbs. Most of my extra weight is in my torso. I look like Dilbert.

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    Sparko!!! No way dude. Thanx for the report. How tall are ya? Let me guess 5'9" or is it 10"? Or a more pertinent question: what kind of frame are you? Small, medium, large? I'm probably medium...6'2", so 180 will be really skinny for me, especially with all the muscle I carry. I still want to try it tho...see what it feels and looks like.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I am still hovering around 180 to 185. Maybe when the weather warms up I can get out and be more active. I would like to get down to about 160

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    Once again...a big thank you going out to all of you for not over-whelming this thread with scores of posts! I am down to 188 now. The final few pounds are the hardest...so they say. But without all of you and your support in this thread the last few days, I think I would have just thrown the towel in. So thank you, thank you, thank you...and a big shout out to Sparko. It's good talking to you bro!

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    I would once again ask for your patience when posting in this thread. With so many Twebbers clamoring to get their place in line...please do the polite thing and let others post before you. I am getting to all the posts as quickly as I can. I will also be having a post "signing" at your local book store, where you can personally meet me and get your post signed. Again, thank you for your overwhelming interest in losing weight with GoBahnsen. I couldn't have gotten this thin without you all!!!

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by princesa View Post
    I want to lose some weight but mostly build lean muscle. I also want smaller ears, smaller nose, smoother skin, thicker hair, prettier hands and feet, nicer elbows, perfect abs and something else, another something else, oh and firm arms, especially the triceps.
    Well then princesa...I want you to close your eyes and click your heels together 3 times in those ruby red slippers. And when you get to heaven, you will find smaller ears and a much smaller nose. Though the one you have appears to be breathing fine and smaller nose holes may be less satisfying than you dream of...still a smaller nose it shall be.

There now, surely you must feel better. Come back again soon and join me in losing weight together!
    Last edited by GoBahnsen; 02-17-2014, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• princesa
    replied
    I want to lose some weight but mostly build lean muscle. I also want smaller ears, smaller nose, smoother skin, thicker hair, prettier hands and feet, nicer elbows, perfect abs and something else, another something else, oh and firm arms, especially the triceps.

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    Who wants to lose weight with me now? Anyone at all? I have money

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBahnsen View Post
    Supton...are you aware that you have actually responded in a thread that is not geared toward anyone actually interjecting? I'm totally scrambling right now....I am caught off guard and...well...I am jst really confused. But thnx...after I process an actual response in here, I plan to think aboit what to say...does that make sense?

"about, not aboit"
    Good morning gang and welcome to the world's slowest thread. I had some beer over the weekend and my weight went up 2 or 3 pounds. Not a ton of beer, just a fun amount. Otherwise I was an exercising machine and I ate nothing bad. It used to be my weight-loss formula. But not it has become "drink a beer-go to jail."

I'm back to where I was on the scales on January 22! I was about to break 190 and now I'm back in the mid 90's. Oh well, good...probably best that the reputation of beer just got another black-eye in my book.

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by supton View Post
    Totally ran off the diet this weekend. I'm trying to add up the calories; but it was church retreat, and I've got plenty on my mind, and it's still rather short days (and too cold). I really ought to start bike shopping and plan on getting out for some bike rides next month, that ought to cheer me up.
    Supton...are you aware that you have actually responded in a thread that is not geared toward anyone actually interjecting? I'm totally scrambling right now....I am caught off guard and...well...I am jst really confused. But thnx...after I process an actual response in here, I plan to think aboit what to say...does that make sense?

"about, not aboit"
    Last edited by GoBahnsen; 02-09-2014, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• supton
    replied
    Totally ran off the diet this weekend. I'm trying to add up the calories; but it was church retreat, and I've got plenty on my mind, and it's still rather short days (and too cold). I really ought to start bike shopping and plan on getting out for some bike rides next month, that ought to cheer me up.

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    Good morning gang! It's confession time. Yesterday I was thinking I was gonna have a big exercise day, brimming with energy. And even though I did do a lot, it was less than last Saturday. I just didn't have the suds.

But speaking of suds, I did bring some beers along. I wanted to experiment for the upcoming spring, when I plan to go out to my get-a-way places and have a few cold ones here and there.

I want my get-a-ways to be healthy, weight losing (if needed) and just rewarding on the exercise level in the bright sunshine heat. The thot of standing in the hot desert sun, 105 in the shade, weighing 182 lbs, lean and mean and rewarding myself with an occasional cold Lite beer...well ladies, it sounds really nice.

So I tried it on for size on a breezy February afternoon. It was ok. You really need the heat to make it more fun. Plus I was with this jerk guy, that I had to bring along, because I needed him to do a painting project out that way.

He tends to babble on about how people have done him wrong all his life...and it makes having a beer...well...not so fun. I would much rather be by myself or with a good friend if I am going to muse upon a bottle of golden bubbles.

I would like to have a beer with you guys...my Tweb Friends!

Oh, the results? I'm stalled out on the scale, but I did 850 push ups yesterday, so I think I might have water retention in the muscles there. I feel a little sore. At least I didn't gain.

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    I didn't take any 7-Keto yesterday. The scales are stalled out. I am trying another 100mg of the Keto today. Took it already. Waiting to see how my day goes. Will report later.

Also, because of the high demand for posting in this thread, I would ask everyone to please be patient and wait for your turn. The other posters will be done before you know it and then you may post. Like texting and driving, your post can wait.

Thanks for all your support in here. It has been overwhelming and I don't know how I could have gotten this far without you all...Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    Ok, there is a new animal in town, the 7-Keto. I was ravenous after dinner and kept making roles of swiss cheese with roast beef inside, trying to get my hunger to go away. Plus i drank liquids after dinner and that probably explains my weight gain more than the food (I gained a pound or more). Because yesterday was a really "good boy" day, diet and exercise wise.

I had hoped to see some loss again. But now that the 7-Keto has kicked in and changed my course of direction, I gotta figure things out. I took it around 1:00 pm, 100mg's and that was all. The suggested dose is 200 mg's, but I won't be trying that until I figure out how to take advantage of the faster metabolism, without being driven to eat more.

Stay tuned sports fans and I will report on my experimentation with this new metabolite.

Leave a comment:

• GoBahnsen
    replied
    whoa...I heard this 7-Keto can make you really hungry. I think that may be true. I just got done with my cob salad and I need another one right now!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X