Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Who Wants to Lose Weight With Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBahnsen View Post
    Plus I took out some of the Blue Cheese from my nightly cob salad, so calorie wise, I'm good.
    Blue cheese is the reason for a cob if you goin' to eat a salad.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      Blue cheese is the reason for a cob if you goin' to eat a salad.
      Yeah...I know, but if you're trying to lose weight, you have to watch those calories too. I didn't get rid of it, I just cut it back because I added more calories with the black beans.

Comment

So I got into the bacon and cheese after dinner, but still lost weight because I had done enough good to out-weigh the evil. Heading off to a men's fellowship and after that I plan to have a marathon day of calorie expenditure. I am down to 192.5.
        Last edited by GoBahnsen; 02-01-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

So it's later today and I did do the marathon exercise stuff. I took a smoothie drink that had an apple, whole lemon peeled, one big carrot, safflower oil, fish oil, fresh ground flax, lecithin, blueberries and stevia to sweeten it. Plus ice in it to keep it cold. So I drank that along the trail. After part of the big bike and hike I got some chicken at Trader Joes and had that for protein.

I am having bullet proof coffee right now, and then I'm gonna have another lemon and some carrots and head out on the bike again, just to be insane. I want to see that scale move. I left out my stop at the school yard for pull-ups and push-ups, so I did that too. I feel good.

anybody out there trying to lose or get in shape?

Comment

Ok gang...I know you all got up a little early to discover my report on my weight loss after yesterday's giant effort. Well...it's a little confusing. For the first time in a while my two scales (yes I use two, because they tend to be liars and I need the one to keep the other honest) were really at odds with each other.

Normally they weigh me with about a 2 pound difference. So my old friendlier scale had me dropping 2 pounds for my herculian efforts yesterday. The new scale didn't want to give anything at all, so there was a 4 pound spread between them.

I have to fault the new scale for staying stuck on yesterday's weight. It is a weird animal. I put my tee shirt BACK ON this morning and the scale dropped 3 tenths when I became heavier! Oh, that's nice, just add weight to your body if you want the scale to go down...sure, that's logical...I like that.

So that's it folks. The morning excitement is over. It looks like I may have lost 2 pounds in one day, but will wait for tomorrow as the dust settles. Try to get some sleep, all of you, tonight and don't let my weight become an obession in your lives.

Comment

[QUOTE=GoBahnsen;9178It looks like I may have lost 2 pounds in one day, but will wait for tomorrow as the dust settles. Try to get some sleep, all of you, tonight and don't let my weight become an obession in your lives. [/QUOTE]

Daily weight is not a reliable indicator. You need to see the longer range trend.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                Daily weight is not a reliable indicator. You need to see the longer range trend.
                I know Jed. There are all kinds of factors. Water retention in the muscles from heavy exercise, body composition change, that is fat swapping to muscles, etc. Still...everyone who is losing weight wants to see the scale go down. Even those who say they don't care, really do care. Ok...there probably are some super well-adjusted people who don't care about the scale...

Comment

Good morning gang! Well we had a rough night around here. A house divided over a small pet dog. As a result, I did some emotional eating. I pigged out on bacon and cheese. But my weekend was so strong otherwise, that I did lose a pound overall for Saturday and Sunday.

Today I am going get some 7-Keto and try it. It's supposed to be good for us older people because our bodies don't produce enough of the good old things that rev up the metabolism in younger folks. It appears to be safe and is good for a lot more than just weight loss. Right now I am targeting the remaining few pounds of belly flab. Otherwise I wore my smallest waist size jeans yesterday with no problem. So I'm getting there! Feels good to be winning at something in life.

Comment

whoa...I heard this 7-Keto can make you really hungry. I think that may be true. I just got done with my cob salad and I need another one right now!

Comment

Ok, there is a new animal in town, the 7-Keto. I was ravenous after dinner and kept making roles of swiss cheese with roast beef inside, trying to get my hunger to go away. Plus i drank liquids after dinner and that probably explains my weight gain more than the food (I gained a pound or more). Because yesterday was a really "good boy" day, diet and exercise wise.

I had hoped to see some loss again. But now that the 7-Keto has kicked in and changed my course of direction, I gotta figure things out. I took it around 1:00 pm, 100mg's and that was all. The suggested dose is 200 mg's, but I won't be trying that until I figure out how to take advantage of the faster metabolism, without being driven to eat more.

Stay tuned sports fans and I will report on my experimentation with this new metabolite.

Comment

I didn't take any 7-Keto yesterday. The scales are stalled out. I am trying another 100mg of the Keto today. Took it already. Waiting to see how my day goes. Will report later.

Also, because of the high demand for posting in this thread, I would ask everyone to please be patient and wait for your turn. The other posters will be done before you know it and then you may post. Like texting and driving, your post can wait.

Thanks for all your support in here. It has been overwhelming and I don't know how I could have gotten this far without you all...Thanks!!!

Comment

Good morning gang! It's confession time. Yesterday I was thinking I was gonna have a big exercise day, brimming with energy. And even though I did do a lot, it was less than last Saturday. I just didn't have the suds.

But speaking of suds, I did bring some beers along. I wanted to experiment for the upcoming spring, when I plan to go out to my get-a-way places and have a few cold ones here and there.

I want my get-a-ways to be healthy, weight losing (if needed) and just rewarding on the exercise level in the bright sunshine heat. The thot of standing in the hot desert sun, 105 in the shade, weighing 182 lbs, lean and mean and rewarding myself with an occasional cold Lite beer...well ladies, it sounds really nice.

So I tried it on for size on a breezy February afternoon. It was ok. You really need the heat to make it more fun. Plus I was with this jerk guy, that I had to bring along, because I needed him to do a painting project out that way.

He tends to babble on about how people have done him wrong all his life...and it makes having a beer...well...not so fun. I would much rather be by myself or with a good friend if I am going to muse upon a bottle of golden bubbles.

I would like to have a beer with you guys...my Tweb Friends!

Oh, the results? I'm stalled out on the scale, but I did 850 push ups yesterday, so I think I might have water retention in the muscles there. I feel a little sore. At least I didn't gain.

Comment

Totally ran off the diet this weekend. I'm trying to add up the calories; but it was church retreat, and I've got plenty on my mind, and it's still rather short days (and too cold). I really ought to start bike shopping and plan on getting out for some bike rides next month, that ought to cheer me up.
                            No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by supton View Post
                              Totally ran off the diet this weekend. I'm trying to add up the calories; but it was church retreat, and I've got plenty on my mind, and it's still rather short days (and too cold). I really ought to start bike shopping and plan on getting out for some bike rides next month, that ought to cheer me up.
                              Supton...are you aware that you have actually responded in a thread that is not geared toward anyone actually interjecting? I'm totally scrambling right now....I am caught off guard and...well...I am jst really confused. But thnx...after I process an actual response in here, I plan to think aboit what to say...does that make sense?

"about, not aboit"
                              Last edited by GoBahnsen; 02-09-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBahnsen View Post
                                Supton...are you aware that you have actually responded in a thread that is not geared toward anyone actually interjecting? I'm totally scrambling right now....I am caught off guard and...well...I am jst really confused. But thnx...after I process an actual response in here, I plan to think aboit what to say...does that make sense?

"about, not aboit"
                                Good morning gang and welcome to the world's slowest thread. I had some beer over the weekend and my weight went up 2 or 3 pounds. Not a ton of beer, just a fun amount. Otherwise I was an exercising machine and I ate nothing bad. It used to be my weight-loss formula. But not it has become "drink a beer-go to jail."

I'm back to where I was on the scales on January 22! I was about to break 190 and now I'm back in the mid 90's. Oh well, good...probably best that the reputation of beer just got another black-eye in my book.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X