Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

My Type 2 journey thus far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's it goin today Bill? The journey?

Comment

Meh. My wife's uncle passed away on Friday, and she's been in North Carolina for the past 5 days. I've been taking care of the kids and moving into the new house, so I am thoroughly exhausted. But, my sugar has been stable - a little high, but stable.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Meh. My wife's uncle passed away on Friday, and she's been in North Carolina for the past 5 days. I've been taking care of the kids and moving into the new house, so I am thoroughly exhausted. But, my sugar has been stable - a little high, but stable.
        That is good to here despite the unfortunate sad news in your family.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Sorry about the loss. my condolences.

How high is a little high?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBahnsen View Post
            Sorry about the loss. my condolences.

How high is a little high?
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Is there anything in your diet that could be causing this? Or is it strictly the defective pancreas? Best guess?

Comment

Is there anything in your diet that could be causing this? Or is it strictly the defective pancreas? Best guess?
                Ummm, Bill....Bill, you're snoring. Here, let me get you a pillow...and you can just stretch out on the couch. Hey, it's been a tough day young man. All these questions and the moving into the new house. You get some sleep now and I will ask you the same question again tomorrow. Ok pal? Yeah, it's ok to leave your slippers on. Good night son.

(GB turns the light out and takes a moment to catch one last look at little Billy)

Comment

Speaking of Pancreas... has anybody seen him?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not realy. I think it is the pancreas because I can vary my diet, and that number is pretty stable. It was 151 yesterday. Very little variance when I behave. Last night, however...
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Not realy. I think it is the pancreas because I can vary my diet, and that number is pretty stable. It was 151 yesterday. Very little variance when I behave. Last night, however...
                      Ok...well keep us updated on the journey. Thnx

Comment

Well, every time I have checked my sugar since my last update, my sugar has been 150-155. No fluctuation at all. I see my doctor on April 9th for the next round of tests.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Is that good bad or neutral? My dad's been hitting between 200 and 113.
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Is that good bad or neutral? My dad's been hitting between 200 and 113.
                            Normal folks are between 75 and 104. Us diabetics want to stay below 200 as much as possible.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Ok, Doctor visit 2 today. He went over my blood screen, and I have an inherited genetic defect in one of my chromosomes that causes my Ld(a) lipoprotein level to be ridiculously high. It is liver related, and he thinks it could be related to my genetic diabetes cause. I have to go on Crestor, or I could have a heart attack before I turn 50. It's not even an option according to my doctor. He also wants me to have a cardiac calcium scan to see if I have any calcium built up in my heart or arteries.

As far as my sugar, he said I am doing fine. I think the diabetes is affecting my vision though, so I have to go to the eye doctor.

So... round 3 is in August.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I hate weekends like this. Birthday party for my second daughter + lack of self-control = sugar over 200...
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X