Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Fire ant hell sunburn itch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Don't know. All I know is I have never felt anything like that. It was the most unbearable thing I have ever felt. And for now, I seem to be relatively ok.
    Hopefully you get better than that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      ...and aren't you diabetic? Or is that Sparko?
      Both of us are. He's had it longer than me though.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

for sunburns i always use aloe and a fan cold relieves itch. Also the aloe should have benzocaine or lidocaine in it for severe burns. that REALLY kills the itch.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          for sunburns i always use aloe and a fan cold relieves itch. Also the aloe should have benzocaine in it for severe burns. that REALLY kills the itch.
          I tried some of that, but it only made the itch it worse. Took a shower this morning, and I think the soap exacerbated it some, because I was itching pretty bad. So I hopped back in, cranked up the heat, and stood there for 5 minutes. Still feel lingering itch, but it seems to be where I have started peeling.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Throw a handful of oatmeal in the bath water.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Throw a handful of oatmeal in the bath water.
              We did that last night. It soothed while I was in the tub, but the second I got out, the fire ants returned.
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Don't get burned again!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Don't get burned again!
                  Me and Mr. sun have had our last long date...
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Good!

Because the damage is cumulative. And every bad burn adds to the skin damage risk!

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      for sunburns i always use aloe and a fan cold relieves itch. Also the aloe should have benzocaine or lidocaine in it for severe burns. that REALLY kills the itch.

My doctor told me a number of years ago that anything with 'caine' in the name was likely to inflame the injury. It works initially but then makes things much worse.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

My worst itches --- and mine generally come from being in cold dry climates where I'm used to 120% humidity --- is the old standby Gold Bond. Particularly, my shins and breastbone areas would itch like crazy when I "dry out", and Gold Bond is the only thing I've found (or the Walmart equivalent) that works.

gold bond.JPG
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I like Gold Bond, too!

Comment

I like Gold Bond, too!
                            yeah!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've had sunburns through my shirt before (in Texas), but didn't know that clothes had SPF ratings now.

I do know this itch, though. I had a 2nd degree burn once from being in the sun for 2 hours without sunblock. My mother popped vitamin E capsules and rubbed that on, among other things I don't recall. I was something like 8 years old when it happened. Then when I was 19, my family spent the day at the beach and we all slathered sunblock all over our arms, shoulders, faces... and at the end of the day, we realised we hadn't put any on our legs and feet and we were all pretty badly burnt. We couldn't put socks and shoes on so we went to Walmart the next day and everyone bought flip-flops which we wore everywhere until our skin healed. That still did not compare to that 2nd degree burn I had when I was 8, though, not by a long shot. That was the worst.
                              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                                So was I. All our swimming gear has an spf rating
                                Geeeeezzz...I need to get with it...
                                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X