Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Got your Flu Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got your Flu Shot?

Did you get a flu shot?

There may be bad side effects for this era.

Source: https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/368/bmj.m810.full.pdf

Bhatia and colleagues estimated that, although travel restrictions with China may have reduced transmissions, two thirds of all cases exported from China remain undetected.5 This assessment by the group at Imperial College London is now being played out, with community spread of the virus being seen in many countries, and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) expressing the view that current global circumstances suggest it is likely this virus will cause a pandemic.6 We live in a world that is globally connected, in terms of the movement of people, goods, and food, while even within close knit communities, such as those currently locked down in Italy and elsewhere, the ideal conditions exist for the virus to spread from person to person. In one of the most cited research papers from the 1990s, Watts and Strogatz showed that the “small world” structure of society facilitates rapid disease propagation between distant and apparently unconnected communities, resulting in sporadic outbreaks that seem to start spontaneously, undermining even the most stringent attempts at containment.7 The clinical features of covid-19 are well documented, with most people displaying mild symptoms or none at all and deaths occurring mainly in elderly and chronically ill patients. This is not the public perception as played out in the media and reinforced by gunpoint quarantine.

© Copyright Original Source

This editorial written in February is weird. There's a big concern about the spread. However, the article mentions what we have learned (and recently confirmed), namely that this coronavirus basically only affects the elderly and chronically ill patients. Both groups of people have to be careful anyhow. Plus, he mentions that the disease already had spread greatly. So quarantines don't make sense at that point.

It is also funny to mention the Imperial College Report for various reasons. The report was a totally bogus one based on Ferguson, who constantly made bad models and predictions. This editorial then properly mentions that it is the elderly and chronically ill people that are susceptible. However, the large numbers of the Imperial College London were not mentioned, nor could encompass just the elderly. Thus we see many inconsistencies.

Then there is a response to the editorial that is interesting

Source: https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m810/rr-0

Flu shots and the risk of coronavirus infections

John Watkins is right; we need to think beyond containment, but he overlooks the possibility that seasonal flu shots are potential contributors to the current outbreak. (BMJ 2020;398:m810—February 28)….A randomized placebo-controlled trial in children showed that flu shots increased fivefold the risk of acute respiratory infections caused by a group of noninfluenza viruses, including coronaviruses. (Cowling et al, Clin Infect Dis 2012;54:1778) From Table 3, vaccine recipients had 20 noninfluenza virus-positive ARIs and 19 virus-negative ARIs; non-recipients had 3 noninfluenza virus-positive ARIs and 14 virus-negative ARIs. These figures yield an odds ratio of 4.91 (CI 1.04 to8.14).

Such an observation may seem counterintuitive, but it is possible that influenza vaccines alter our immune systems non-specifically to increase susceptibility to other infections; this has been observed with DTP and other vaccines. (Benn et al, Trends in Immunology, May 2013) There are other immune mechanisms that might also explain the observation.

To investigate this possibility, a case-control study is in order as we study and care for the victims of covid-19. Influenza vaccines have become sacred cows in some quarters, but they shouldn’t be.

ALLAN S. CUNNINGHAM 2 March 2020

The study on the flu shots is here

Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22423139/

Increased risk of noninfluenza respiratory virus infections associated with receipt of inactivated influenza vaccine
    Benjamin J Cowling 1 , Vicky J Fang, Hiroshi Nishiura, Kwok-Hung Chan, Sophia Ng, Dennis K M Ip, Susan S Chiu, Gabriel M Leung, J S Malik Peiris
    PMID: 22423139 PMCID: PMC3404712 DOI: 10.1093/cid/cis307
    Abstract

We randomized 115 children to trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV) or placebo. Over the following 9 months, TIV recipients had an increased risk of virologically-confirmed non-influenza infections (relative risk: 4.40; 95% confidence interval: 1.31-14.8). Being protected against influenza, TIV recipients may lack temporary non-specific immunity that protected against other respiratory viruses.

So it seems that flu shots may not be a good idea in light of the coronavirus situation.

Yes I got my flu virus vaccine and do so every year. Your references are disjoint and confusingly selective as usual. The first reference is a little dated, but okay. The second does not refer to the specific corona virus that causes COVID-19, because there is a present no research on the relationship between the corona virus that causes COVID-19 and the flushot, which have just begun to be distributed.. It most be noted that there are many corona virus including a number of variations of colds.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Yes I got my flu virus vaccine and do so every year. Your references are disjoint and confusingly selective as usual. The first reference is a little dated, but okay. The second does not refer to the specific corona virus that causes COVID-19, because there is a present no research on the relationship between the corona virus that causes COVID-19 and the flushot, which have just begun to be distributed.. It most be noted that there are many corona virus including a number of variations of colds.
      I'm sorry. I forget that scientific studies are irrelevant to discussions your participate in. Keep up with those flu shots since you are not concerned about becoming more vulnerable to infection by coronavirus.

Oh right. You also mean that this novel coronavirus will be uniquely opposed to infecting people that are more vulnerable due to flu shots.
      Last edited by mikewhitney; 09-09-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        I'm sorry. I forget that scientific studies are irrelevant to discussions your participate in. Keep up with those flu shots since you are not concerned about becoming more vulnerable to infection by coronavirus.

Oh right. You also mean that this novel coronavirus will be uniquely opposed to infecting people that are more vulnerable due to flu shots.
        Huh?!?!?!?!
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Huh?!?!?!?!
          Just that you think, without scientific basis, that the flu shots' creation of a vulnerability to respiratory infections does not also make one more vulnerable to the novel coronavirus.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            Just that you think, without scientific basis, that the flu shots' creation of a vulnerability to respiratory infections does not also make one more vulnerable to the novel coronavirus.
            True, without a scientific there is no reason to believe the flu shot makes one vulnerable to COVID-19

Frank

Comment

True, without a scientific there is no reason to believe the flu shot makes one vulnerable to COVID-19
              Indeed. That is why I provided the study in the OP.

If you keep on getting the flu shots, do request for the shots without mercury.
              Last edited by mikewhitney; 09-12-2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I'm watching a series of 9 videos on vaccines. I would recommend everyone watch these. The site is vrevealed.com and is available for a short time.

One of the videos incorporated a movie on the problem of mercury in vaccines (but no longer in the regular childhold vaccinations anymore). I think this was the 7th or 8th video.

The guy who made this movie on mercury had symptoms of mercury poisoning as an adult and this got worse after he had a Tetanus shot that had Thiomersal.

He became supersensitive to sounds. He also had muscular control problems. But one weird effect was that he gained great insights into technical details at work. So, somehow his mind became sharper despite other things deteriorating in his life. He eventually got treated to remove the mercury from his body -- but the removal of mercury always is a careful process.

Here's a video of an expert on organic mercury who died from it. This is a doctor's evaluation of what happened. It is interesting how deadly this is

Comment

Here is some information about the general ineffectivity of flu shots. It is like 1 out of every 100 people that get the flu shot has a benefit from it.

I found the following Cochrane study via this website: https://ahrp.org/cochrane-collaborat...of-no-benefit/

Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults
                  Cochrane Systematic Review - Intervention Version published: 07 July 2010

Source: https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD001269.pub4/full

Over 200 viruses cause influenza and influenza‐like illness which produce the same symptoms (fever, headache, aches and pains, cough and runny noses). Without laboratory tests, doctors cannot tell the two illnesses apart. Both last for days and rarely lead to death or serious illness. At best, vaccines might be effective against only influenza A and B, which represent about 10% of all circulating viruses. Each year, the World Health Organization recommends which viral strains should be included in vaccinations for the forthcoming season.
                  Authors of this review assessed all trials that compared vaccinated people with unvaccinated people. The combined results of these trials showed that under ideal conditions (vaccine completely matching circulating viral configuration) 33 healthy adults need to be vaccinated to avoid one set of influenza symptoms. In average conditions (partially matching vaccine) 100 people need to be vaccinated to avoid one set of influenza symptoms. Vaccine use did not affect the number of people hospitalised or working days lost but caused one case of Guillian‐Barré syndrome (a major neurological condition leading to paralysis) for every one million vaccinations. Fifteen of the 36 trials were funded by vaccine companies and four had no funding declaration. Our results may be an optimistic estimate because company‐sponsored influenza vaccines trials tend to produce results favorable to their products and some of the evidence comes from trials carried out in ideal viral circulation and matching conditions and because the harms evidence base is limited..

The following link reviews the present situation concerning the flu shots. I think it said the same thing as this previous study.
                  https://community.cochrane.org/news/...een-stabilised

There are also little benefit presented by this analysis
                  https://www.cochrane.org/CD001269/AR...healthy-adults

Comment

The VAERS system, primarily designed for childhood vaccination adverse effects reporting, has now been inundated with cases of people affected by flu shots. I think flu shots are now somewhere between 87-93 percent of cases being decided. The problems with flu shots primarily relate to the elderly -- i think this was 87 percent of the flu shot cases. (Sorry, I'm sort of mixed up on the exact numbers but these are roughly right and they give the general trend of the statistics.)

If memory serves, Canada does not have a Vaccine court and does not have recourse against the vaccine manufacturers. Yet, there may be novel approaches for suing the pharmaceuticals.

If people want to consider getting the flu shot, first review the inserts that come with the shots and decide what to review with the doctor before being in a situation where such shots are offered. The medical doctors tend to trust basic practices and therefore do not read the harmful effects associated with the shots.

Comment

I have supplied a link to the youtube video which discusses many things, partly about recovering from some neurological conditions. I am noting here the problem of the flu shots with the time the report is mentioned in the video. The flu shot makes people more vulnerable to other respiratory infections. Plus, most of the flu shot contain harmful mercury (but I posted the link of a related video earlier). At least, a version of the flu shot is available without mercury (or minimal toxic levels of it).

35:29 report: Increased Risk of Noninfluenza Respiratory Virus Infections Associated with Receipt of Inactivated Influenza Vaccine publ Mar 2012
                      https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22423139/
                      http://europepmc.org/article/MED/22423139

This is a really good video on several things. The title is Recognizing Neurologic Damage in Adults and Children 2020 and is by Dr. John Bergman D.C.

Comment

Flu is fairly trivial this season, so why even bother vaccinating?
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          Flu is fairly trivial this season, so why even bother vaccinating?
                          So they don't miss their dose of mercury? Kids need the flu shot for this since Thimerosal was mostly removed from childhood vaccines -- but still with potentially debilitating trace-levels of mercury.

The flu symptoms lead to covid-19 diagnoses to beef up covid-19 numbers.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X