Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Ow! Ow! Ow! (Medicine Stings!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ow! Ow! Ow! (Medicine Stings!)

A month ago I was bitten by (I believe) a brown recluse. I delayed going to the doctor (didn't want to) until my friends on FB screamed at me. Antibiotics made me feel A LOT better, having little to do with the wound. The wound is healing well and I see the doctor again in the morning. So basically, I'm fine.

But the medicine is stinging like crazy! OWWWWW!!!!

Okay, babyish tirade over now...

Still stings - oww!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Antibiotics stinging?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dear Teallaura,

You are an idiot for not going to the hospital right away.

Your friend,
      Sparko.

Comment

Dear Sparky,

I was really sick and sitting up for more than a few minutes was really hard.

-T
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The medicine is a topical that's used for burns. Just changed it - OWWW!!!!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Dear Sparky,

-T
            Ahhh, the old too sick to see a doctor excuse.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dear Sparky,

-T
              That should have been your first clue. Call 911.

Comment

The medicine is a topical that's used for burns. Just changed it - OWWW!!!!
                Have you tried adding a spoonful of sugar?
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Never mind that it is for medicines taken orally.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, good report from doctor - no infection and we can wait to see rather than going ahead with the excision.

The dead stuff is pulling away exposing the live, sensitive stuff - which explains the ow factor.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I would think that any spider bite from your area would be viewed as a necessary medical check.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Never mind that it is for medicines taken orally.
                          Or rectally, but it works best with diarrhea.

I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I would think that any spider bite from your area would be viewed as a necessary medical check.

We aren't Australia. Only two to worry about. The aforementioned Brown Recluse and the Black Widow.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              We aren't Australia. Only two to worry about. The aforementioned Brown Recluse and the Black Widow.
                              I would think if those are the only 2 and you think it's a recluse, then get thee to the doctor posthaste!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X