Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Casual marijuana use may damage your brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBerman View Post
    "Researchers have long been concerned about the effects of marijuana on the developing brain - teens and adolescents under the age of 25. Preliminary research has shown that early onset smokers are slower at tasks, have lower IQs later in life and even have a higher risk of stroke." (from that same article)
    As I said to Sparko
    Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    Again, I'm not disputing that marijuana is bad for health, but the idea that the study referenced in the OP has demonstrated that it is so.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
      I see the strawmen are being gathered: look, probably it is the case that marijuana consumption is unhealthy, nonetheless claiming that this study has shown it when it hasn't is utterly false.
      You sir have common sense. Something lacking in those who jumped on this. My BS detector immediately went off with this "study" and nearly all it's faults would have been jumped on by nearly everyone in this thread if it dealt with something like, oh, proving a gay gene.
      The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
        You sir have common sense. Something lacking in those who jumped on this. My BS detector immediately went off with this "study" and nearly all it's faults would have been jumped on by nearly everyone in this thread if it dealt with something like, oh, proving a gay gene.
        Your house is corrupt!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

I would like to point out that oh, the young people who smoked weed also drank.... Drinking is so good for the young brain.

sigpic

Comment

I would like to point out that oh, the young people who smoked weed also drank.... Drinking is so good for the young brain.
              I don't remember!

Comment

Me either.:)

sigpic

Comment

Me either.:)
                  Remember I've seen pictures of you in your band.

Comment

Here is one analysis to consider, don't click if marijuana advocacy offends you:

http://blog.norml.org/2014/04/15/neu...rijuana-tests/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Remember I've seen pictures of you in your band.
                      And I didn't like pot or smoke it except very very occasionally

sigpic

Comment

And I didn't like pot or smoke it except very very occasionally
                        Unless... it gave you brain damage and you can't remember!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Didn't you start at 12?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            That's when Mom CAUGHT you.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You'll please forgive me if I'm dubious of the likelihood that the abnormalities would be beneficial when they start with the act of taking some dead leaves, wrapping them in tissue paper, setting them on fire, sticking it your mouth and purposely sucking the noxious gases into your lungs.
                              And unless it was grown hydroponically in your basement chances are it is also covered in pesticides which can also be inhaled as you burn and inhale it. Anyone who thinks that smoking it is completely harmless is only fooling themselves. Still, having said that I believe arresting someone and locking them up for it is far worse.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's when Mom CAUGHT you.
                                17. And only because my brother told on me.

Mom's reaction was to dramatically fall against the wall, place the back of her wrist against her forehead, look up toward the ceiling and say, My God. My God. Oh, my God."

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X