Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Casual marijuana use may damage your brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's when Mom CAUGHT you.
    17. And only because my brother told on me.

Mom's reaction was to dramatically fall against the wall, place the back of her wrist against her forehead, look up toward the ceiling and say, My God. My God. Oh, my God."

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    You'll please forgive me if I'm dubious of the likelihood that the abnormalities would be beneficial when they start with the act of taking some dead leaves, wrapping them in tissue paper, setting them on fire, sticking it your mouth and purposely sucking the noxious gases into your lungs.
    And unless it was grown hydroponically in your basement chances are it is also covered in pesticides which can also be inhaled as you burn and inhale it. Anyone who thinks that smoking it is completely harmless is only fooling themselves. Still, having said that I believe arresting someone and locking them up for it is far worse.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That's when Mom CAUGHT you.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Didn't you start at 12?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
    And I didn't like pot or smoke it except very very occasionally
    Unless... it gave you brain damage and you can't remember!

Leave a comment:

• Darth Xena
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Remember I've seen pictures of you in your band.
    And I didn't like pot or smoke it except very very occasionally

Leave a comment:

• Darth Xena
    replied
    Here is one analysis to consider, don't click if marijuana advocacy offends you:

http://blog.norml.org/2014/04/15/neu...rijuana-tests/

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Me either.:)
    Remember I've seen pictures of you in your band.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Xena
    replied
    Me either.:)

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I would like to point out that oh, the young people who smoked weed also drank.... Drinking is so good for the young brain.
    I don't remember!

Leave a comment:

• Darth Xena
    replied
    I would like to point out that oh, the young people who smoked weed also drank.... Drinking is so good for the young brain.

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    You sir have common sense. Something lacking in those who jumped on this. My BS detector immediately went off with this "study" and nearly all it's faults would have been jumped on by nearly everyone in this thread if it dealt with something like, oh, proving a gay gene.
    Amen!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    You sir have common sense. Something lacking in those who jumped on this. My BS detector immediately went off with this "study" and nearly all it's faults would have been jumped on by nearly everyone in this thread if it dealt with something like, oh, proving a gay gene.
    Your house is corrupt!

Leave a comment:

• Darth Xena
    replied
    Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    I see the strawmen are being gathered: look, probably it is the case that marijuana consumption is unhealthy, nonetheless claiming that this study has shown it when it hasn't is utterly false.

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    Originally posted by RBerman View Post
    "Researchers have long been concerned about the effects of marijuana on the developing brain - teens and adolescents under the age of 25. Preliminary research has shown that early onset smokers are slower at tasks, have lower IQs later in life and even have a higher risk of stroke." (from that same article)
    As I said to Sparko
    Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    Again, I'm not disputing that marijuana is bad for health, but the idea that the study referenced in the OP has demonstrated that it is so.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X