Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Casual marijuana use may damage your brain

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Yeah Paprika, MJ makes you smarter. Let's go with that


    At least he is willing to share



    Some times too willing



    Roll over? Don't you mean roll another one



    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
      And I didn't like pot or smoke it except very very occasionally
      That's okay. I think I smoked your share too.

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        And unless it was grown hydroponically in your basement chances are it is also covered in pesticides which can also be inhaled as you burn and inhale it. Anyone who thinks that smoking it is completely harmless is only fooling themselves. Still, having said that I believe arresting someone and locking them up for it is far worse.
        And even far WORSER, I think, is the mandatory sentencing for just slightly over the "get a desk ticket citation" for it, and the "third strike you're out" legislation.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And unless it was grown hydroponically in your basement chances are it is also covered in pesticides which can also be inhaled as you burn and inhale it. Anyone who thinks that smoking it is completely harmless is only fooling themselves. Still, having said that I believe arresting someone and locking them up for it is far worse.
          Actually in Denver there are plenty of total organic places, it is required here for the retail establishments to grow their own. You can tour their grow houses.
          The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            And btw, smoking is on the downswing, people here are getting into vaping and love, love, love their edibles.... Edibles are HUGE here both medicinally and recreationally.
            The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
              Actually in Denver there are plenty of total organic places, it is required here for the retail establishments to grow their own. You can tour their grow houses.
              Rocky Mountain High.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                And btw, smoking is on the downswing, people here are getting into vaping and love, love, love their edibles.... Edibles are HUGE here both medicinally and recreationally.
                I remember an episode of "Barney Miller", where Wojo's girlfriend brought brownies to the Precinct, and Detective Fish (played by Abe Vigoda) was able to chase a crook, leap from one building to another, and be in a really good mood.

                Season 3, Episode 11: Hash
                30 December 1976
                Everyone on the squad except Barney is stoned by hashish-laced brownies made by Wojo's new girlfriend.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Rocky Mountain High.
                  Precisely. I still chuckle walking down the road and seeing the green cross signs.
                  The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                      And btw, smoking is on the downswing, people here are getting into vaping and love, love, love their edibles.... Edibles are HUGE here both medicinally and recreationally.
                      Nearly all research on the effects of marijuana have been on when it is smoked. Considering that it enters the body through a different means when eaten (digestion system rather than respiratory system), I wonder if the effect is different. I don't mean the intoxication but rather long term effects.

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I remember an episode of "Barney Miller", where Wojo's girlfriend brought brownies to the Precinct, and Detective Fish (played by Abe Vigoda) was able to chase a crook, leap from one building to another, and be in a really good mood.

                        Season 3, Episode 11: Hash
                        30 December 1976
                        Everyone on the squad except Barney is stoned by hashish-laced brownies made by Wojo's new girlfriend.
                        Mooshi mooshi.

                        Loved that episode.


                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Nearly all research on the effects of marijuana have been on when it is smoked. Considering that it enters the body through a different means when eaten (digestion system rather than respiratory system), I wonder if the effect is different. I don't mean the intoxication but rather long term effects.
                          less lung cancer
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                            You sir have common sense. Something lacking in those who jumped on this. My BS detector immediately went off with this "study" and nearly all it's faults would have been jumped on by nearly everyone in this thread if it dealt with something like, oh, proving a gay gene.
                            EVERY study has flaws. But putting the word study in quotes is no way to debate its merits. And this is not the only study that links the two either.
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                              I would like to point out that oh, the young people who smoked weed also drank.... Drinking is so good for the young brain.
                              A modified tu quoque isn't either...
                              That's what
                              - She

                              Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                              I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              Stephen R. Donaldson

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                EVERY study has flaws. But putting the word study in quotes is no way to debate its merits. And this is not the only study that links the two either.
                                I'm curious to know: what do you think of my comments about the study?

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X