Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Alternative Cures for Cancer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alternative Cures for Cancer

    Does anyone have experience with alternative cures for cancer?

    I saw a youtube video recently which discussed the situation of about 4 alternative processes which seemed to have better results than acceptable medical practices. The video showed one doctor who had 20% success (over against the standard treatments which had 5% success, if memory serves); the Texas medical board (or some group like that) was being pressured by the FDA or AMA to bring suits against the doctor. And there was eventually an offer to do FDA studies -- but the doctor noted that the studies were not designed with the right parameters to achieve any success.

    Laetrile seems to have many advocates. Are there people who have had failures with this? Are there people who have success stories?

    I saw one treatment using baking soda. This was given through surgery to the location of the cancer.

    There was even the Pope's doctor who advocated one of these treatment approaches.

    I can try to find the link if someone wants to see that video.


    I didn't have anyone in mind when I first watched the video; but now I have a relative who may have no other choices. (Prayer is desired.)

  • #2
    ing for the relative.

    Steve McQueen tried Laetrile because he was desperate but it didn't work for him.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LostSheep View Post
      ing for the relative.

      Steve McQueen tried Laetrile because he was desperate but it didn't work for him.
      One article said that he came in late stages. But more significantly, per the article, some doctor had chosen to do an operation on McQueen. It was that operation that led to a stroke or some other consequence of the operation.

      The point of the article was that he was getting better with laetrile and that Laetrile had nothing to do with his death -- except maybe just being in reach of the doctor who decided to do the operation.

      I mainly would like personal accounts. I'm not (very) interested in long discussions on certain viewpoints.

      I did see a video possibly accurate in debunking the theories how Laetrile is thought to work; but this video didn't seem to address whether Laetrile could work. The cure could be correct even if the mechanism was not understood.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        One article said that he came in late stages. But more significantly, per the article, some doctor had chosen to do an operation on McQueen. It was that operation that led to a stroke or some other consequence of the operation.

        The point of the article was that he was getting better with laetrile and that Laetrile had nothing to do with his death -- except maybe just being in reach of the doctor who decided to do the operation.

        I mainly would like personal accounts. I'm not (very) interested in long discussions on certain viewpoints.

        I did see a video possibly accurate in debunking the theories how Laetrile is thought to work; but this video didn't seem to address whether Laetrile could work. The cure could be correct even if the mechanism was not understood.
        McQueen was trying all sorts of strange treatments toward the end.

        Source: McQueen's Legacy of Laetrile


        When his doctors told him they had run out of options, McQueen secretly met with Dr. William D. Kelley, a dentist and orthodontist who had devised a controversial treatment regimen he claimed had cured his own pancreatic cancer.

        Dr. Kelley had been blacklisted by the American Cancer Society and had his license suspended in Texas. But McQueen was interested in the treatment, which was based on the notion that cancers arose and grew from a lack of enough pancreatic enzymes.

        In July 1980, McQueen secretly traveled to Rosarita Beach, Mexico, to be treated by Mexican and American doctors using Dr. Kelley's regimen. He received not only pancreatic enzymes but 50 daily vitamins and minerals, massages, prayer sessions, psychotherapy, coffee enemas and injections of a cell preparation made from sheep and cattle fetuses. McQueen was also given laetrile, a controversial alternative treatment made from apricot pits.

        In October, after being tracked down by The National Enquirer, McQueen issued a statement saying he had mesothelioma and was in treatment in Mexico. A week later, Mexican television played an audio message from McQueen in which he said he was recovering. "Mexico is showing the world a new way of fighting cancer through nonspecific metabolic therapies," he said, adding, "Thank you for helping to save my life."

        Cancer organizations were horrified, warning that McQueen's supposed recovery was a hoax. One doctor called the treatment "rank quackery." But others wanted to hear what McQueen and his new doctors had to say. At a press conference, one Mexican physician claimed that 85 to 90 percent of his patients had improved with Dr. Kelley's treatment. Twelve patients who said they were cured by Dr. Kelley attended as well.

        McQueen's resurrection was short-lived. On Nov. 6, 1980, doctors operated to remove cancerous masses from his abdomen and neck. He withstood the surgery, but he died the next day.



        Source

        © Copyright Original Source



        And from the Wikipedia article on him

        Source: Steve McQueen: Illness and death


        By February 1980, evidence of widespread metastasis was found. While he tried to keep the condition a secret, the National Enquirer disclosed that he had "terminal cancer" on March 11, 1980. In July, McQueen traveled to Rosarito Beach, Mexico, for unconventional treatment after US doctors told him they could do nothing to prolong his life.[78] Controversy arose over the trip, because McQueen sought treatment from William Donald Kelley, who was promoting a variation of the Gerson therapy that used coffee enemas, frequent washing with shampoos, daily injections of fluid containing live cells from cattle and sheep, massage, and laetrile; an anticancer drug available in Mexico, but described as canonical quackery by mainstream scientists.[79][80][81] McQueen paid for Kelley's treatments by himself in cash payments which were said to have been upwards of $40,000 per month ($116,000 today) during his three-month stay in Mexico. Kelley's only medical license (until revoked in 1976) had been for orthodontics.[82] Kelley's methods created a sensation in the traditional and tabloid press when it became known that McQueen was a patient.[83][84]

        McQueen returned to the US in early October. Despite metastasis of the cancer throughout McQueen's body, Kelley publicly announced that McQueen would be completely cured and return to normal life. McQueen's condition soon worsened and "huge" tumors developed in his abdomen.[82]

        In late October 1980, McQueen flew to Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico, to have an abdominal tumor on his liver (weighing around five pounds) removed, despite warnings from his US doctors that the tumor was inoperable and his heart could not withstand the surgery.[6]:212–213[82] McQueen checked into a small Juarez clinic under the assumed name of "Sam Shepard", where the doctors and staff were unaware of his actual identity.

        On November 7, 1980, McQueen died of cardiac arrest at 3:45 a.m. at the Juárez clinic, 12 hours after surgery to remove or reduce numerous metastatic tumors in his neck and abdomen.[6]:212–213 He was 50 years old.[85] According to the El Paso Times, McQueen died in his sleep


        Source

        © Copyright Original Source

        Last edited by rogue06; 03-30-2017, 09:45 PM.

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          What really irks me is that when someone is dying they are desperate for any hope, and there are "doctors" out there willing to cash in on that hope and drain them of what little money they have left before they die. If a treatment is working, I think that regular doctors would be more than happy to check it out. When someone claims a high success rate, but then says that the FDA tests would not "use the right parameters" then that is a pretty big red flag. So I am highly skeptical of "alternative" cures or treatments for any terminal disease.

          Just look at that one kook we had here a few months ago, Gary. He was one of those "alternative medicine" doctors. I sure wouldn't trust my life to someone like him. But hey, that's just my opinion.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            What really irks me is that when someone is dying they are desperate for any hope, and there are "doctors" out there willing to cash in on that hope and drain them of what little money they have left before they die. If a treatment is working, I think that regular doctors would be more than happy to check it out. When someone claims a high success rate, but then says that the FDA tests would not "use the right parameters" then that is a pretty big red flag. So I am highly skeptical of "alternative" cures or treatments for any terminal disease.

            Just look at that one kook we had here a few months ago, Gary. He was one of those "alternative medicine" doctors. I sure wouldn't trust my life to someone like him. But hey, that's just my opinion.
            I think in some cases that they want to be the next Pasteur or Salk so much that it blinds them

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I think in some cases that they want to be the next Pasteur or Salk so much that it blinds them
              I don't doubt there are some out there that genuinely want to help, but even most of them are quacks. If they genuinely had something they would be working with the mainstream and submit their ideas and work for others to evaluate. Instead they come up with these "treatments" which they peddle out of some back alley office to desperate people who are dying and already swamped with medical bills.

              Comment


              • #8
                Realistically to use alternative cures they need to be used with standard treatment. The reason why? Alternative cures are absolutely NO different than Pharmeceuticals and can interact with Chemotherapy and Neoplasmic drugs. So for example if a drug is being given and it depletes your iron stores you can try OTC Iron and B12 but if it doesn't work you'll need platelets and Ferritin IV. Cord Blood is a Special use for blood cancers, as are adult stem cells and bone marrow but in order to be used one must literally "restart" the immune system. During that time its dangerous to use Anything that adds to the immune system however after a person is declared cancer free, probiotics, healthy eating, exercise, (as long as corticosteroids are not on the list of drugs) fresh juicing, Vitamin supplements are fine. But CAM after Chemo radiation and Neoplasmic drugs have to be cleared with a good physician to make sure there are no interactions and that it is safe to use them. For more info on treatments with CAM and Traditional Meds google the Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Trust me, they use Cam and Standard Medicine. BTW I use both for just about everything. and I've never seen a quack. I won't stand for it.
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

                Comment


                • #9
                  Never cared much for the term "alternative medicine" or "alternative cures." It is is either medicine or it isn't. It either cures or it doesn't.

                  I'm always still in trouble again

                  "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Never cared much for the term "alternative medicine" or "alternative cures." It is is either medicine or it isn't. It either cures or it doesn't.
                    With that in mind, Chemo and neoplasmic drugs, bone marrow transplants etc, do not cure cancer 100 percent of the time either. In fact certain brain tumors only have still a 25 percent cure rate. And even the common cold has no cure. Just relief of symptoms. Asthma still has no cure, neither does Type 1 diabetes. Some things can't be cured, just helped.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I believe the science exists to show that gcMAF (a natural human protein) has a strong curative effect for cancer. Cancer tends to block the production of this protein. Some people may have started with a deficiency of this protein. I found this out too late to recommend it to my uncle, who died in March. Most sources of GcMAF may be less effective than the purer forms that have been created. But even the less effective forms could be useful both for people fighting cancer and for those who have survived cancer. Apparently the GcMAF also is useful to cure (or improve) other ailments. Also, there are no side effects of use of GcMAF. I think it has been available both intravenously and by mouth.

                      Several scientific papers are listed at https://gcmaf.se/gcmaf-the-cancer-cu...as-waited-for/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5686300
                        Gc-MAF is a promising, new, unapproved medication as a macrophage activating factor (MAF) to treat cancer. There is solid evidence of its efficacy in cancer patients, but a number of researchers remain in doubt. The current study investigated articles containing credible scientific bases to help arrive at a proper conclusion about this product (table 1).
                        ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5686300/pdf/cjim-8-228.pdf

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Here's a video from New Zealand on Vitamin C

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                            Does anyone have experience with alternative cures for cancer?

                            I saw a youtube video recently which discussed the situation of about 4 alternative processes which seemed to have better results than acceptable medical practices. The video showed one doctor who had 20% success (over against the standard treatments which had 5% success, if memory serves); the Texas medical board (or some group like that) was being pressured by the FDA or AMA to bring suits against the doctor. And there was eventually an offer to do FDA studies -- but the doctor noted that the studies were not designed with the right parameters to achieve any success.

                            Laetrile seems to have many advocates. Are there people who have had failures with this? Are there people who have success stories?

                            I saw one treatment using baking soda. This was given through surgery to the location of the cancer.

                            There was even the Pope's doctor who advocated one of these treatment approaches.

                            I can try to find the link if someone wants to see that video.


                            I didn't have anyone in mind when I first watched the video; but now I have a relative who may have no other choices. (Prayer is desired.)
                            Diet. I know, what's diet got to do with it. I'm not sure, but being that your relative may have no other choices I feel obligated to mention this. I suggest he look into altering his diet. Just as what we put into our bodies can make us ill, how we alter that, it seems, can cure, or aid in the cure of illnesses. A natural diet, without processed foods, chemicals, and one very low in carbohydrates, also known as the Keto diet, has shown evidence of having reversed and even cured many diseases. I watched a documentary on it quite awhile ago and one lady had breast cancer which, after some months on a strict Keto diet, was completely cured. Another woman was spending $500 a week on insulin for years and after the same change in diet, after a relatively short period of time, she didn't even need insulin at all anymore. A child with autism began to come alive, began to listen and communicate for the first time in her life.

                            The study was brought to an Island where the people, who lived off the land, were once amongst the healthiest people in the world, until they became a British colony and began eating the processed crap that the British fed them until they became some of the most unhealthy people in the world with an onslaught of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, depression etc etc.

                            The same thing happened to these people when they began to eat what they evolved to eat. Their diseases began to dissipate which they noticed themselves fairly quickly.

                            I'd suggest to your relative that he at least look into it, and you can still pray.
                            Last edited by JimL; 01-14-2020, 12:51 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Diet. I know, what's diet got to do with it. I'm not sure, but being that your relative may have no other choices I feel obligated to mention this. I suggest he look into altering his diet. Just as what we put into our bodies can make us ill, how we alter that, it seems, can cure, or aid in the cure of illnesses. A natural diet, without processed foods, chemicals, and one very low in carbohydrates, also known as the Keto diet, has shown evidence of having reversed and even cured many diseases. I watched a documentary on it quite awhile ago and one lady had breast cancer which, after some months on a strict Keto diet, was completely cured. Another woman was spending $500 a week on insulin for years and after the same change in diet, after a relatively short period of time, she didn't even need insulin at all anymore. A child with autism began to come alive, began to listen and communicate for the first time in her life.

                              The study was brought to an Island where the people, who lived off the land, were once amongst the healthiest people in the world, until they became a British colony and began eating the processed crap that the British fed them until they became some of the most unhealthy people in the world with an onslaught of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, depression etc etc.

                              The same thing happened to these people when they began to eat what they evolved to eat. Their diseases began to dissipate which they noticed themselves fairly quickly.

                              I'd suggest to your relative that he at least look into it, and you can still pray.
                              I was learning some of these options a bit too late to give a good recommendation to my uncle. Diet is no longer an option for him.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mikewhitney, 01-04-2021, 05:47 PM
                              43 responses
                              243 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mikewhitney  
                              Started by mikewhitney, 12-07-2020, 12:53 AM
                              29 responses
                              110 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Stoic
                              by Stoic
                               
                              Working...
                              X