Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Have you had COVID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you had COVID?

Have you had COVID? Have you been vaccinated?

Public poll.

Me: Had all the vaccinations and boosters (5 in all) and have COVID zero times. Still no mutant powers.
    Vacinated, Had COVID 0 times
    30.77%
    Vacinated, Had COVID 1 time
    38.46%
    Vacinated, Had COVID 2 or more times
    15.38%
    Unvacinated, Had COVID 0 times
    0%
    Unvacinated, Had COVID 1 time
    7.69%
    Unvacinated, Had COVID 2 or more times.
    7.69%

Had it twice. Didn't get it the first time my wife had it, even though I slept snuggled with her in bed every night. Conversely, after having had it twice, she was the only one who didn't get it again when everyone else in the house got it. For both of us, the second case was markedly milder than the first.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I cannot give a definitive answer.

I have never been tested, I have never been officially diagnosed. I have never been jabbed.

My PCP suspects I had it Dec. 28, 2019 to mid-Feb. 2020. She was seeing patients with weird respiratory symptoms in Nov. 2019, but who tested negative for flu. She suspects it was here months before it was *officially* here.

In terms of respiratory stuff, I have not had so much as sniffles since Feb. 2020.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I don't know for sure. I suspect I had it last summer. I also suspect I may have had it in early March 2020, about two weeks before everything shut down.

I got the first shot fairly early on but haven't gotten boosted. At this point in time, I don't see a booster as worth it from a cost-risk analysis. At the height of omicron, I think I could have justified it, but didn't have time from work to rest in case of a reaction.
        Last edited by KingsGambit; 01-01-2023, 02:06 PM.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Not really a choice for me in the multi-choices...

Had COVID Jan 2020, only knew because I had a headache for 30 minutes, and a mild fever for that same time on a Sunday Night.
          Because I'm around a lot of older people, decided to go for a text day.
          Tested positive the next day - ZERO symptoms besides that first brief headache / fever.

It's possible I've had it since, with a mild headache and fever for a very brief period of time, but didn't bother to get tested again.

Wife's story is pretty much the same.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Not really a choice for me in the multi-choices...

Had COVID Jan 2020, only knew because I had a headache for 30 minutes, and a mild fever for that same time on a Sunday Night.
            Because I'm around a lot of older people, decided to go for a text day.
            Tested positive the next day - ZERO symptoms besides that first brief headache / fever.

It's possible I've had it since, with a mild headache and fever for a very brief period of time, but didn't bother to get tested again.

Wife's story is pretty much the same.
            I'm going to assume that you meant 2021, since you didn't say anything about having just gotten back from Wuhan.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I'm going to assume that you meant 2021, since you didn't say anything about having just gotten back from Wuhan.
              OK.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

First documented case in the US was, what, November 2019? I know people IRL who probably caught it in the December 2019 timeframe, just went undiagnosed because it wasn't known yet.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  First documented case in the US was, what, November 2019? I know people IRL who probably caught it in the December 2019 timeframe, just went undiagnosed because it wasn't known yet.
                  We started livestreaming in March of 2020, apparently, so it must have been more likely Jan 2021 - fun flies when you're having time.

Now I need to do some checking.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    First documented case in the US was January 20, 2020. The only cases that month where people had it, and it was confirmed that they had it, were recent travelers from Wuhan.

I remember a study concluding that there must have been cases in China in November 2019, but those weren't documented.

Comment

First documented case in the US was January 20, 2020. The only cases that month where people had it, and it was confirmed that they had it, were recent travelers from Wuhan.

I remember a study concluding that there must have been cases in China in November 2019, but those weren't documented.
                      Yeah, unfortunately, I'm at that age where I can vividly remember things whether they happened or not...
                      It's almost looking like my COVID experience was more like March 2021.

Still digging. It was such an incredibly insignificant event.

EXCEPT.... after I went for the test, and the day following that when the text showed up on my phone - "COVID TEST RESULT -- POSITIVE".
                      My chest tightened up, I had difficulty breathing, I... thought... wait -- 30 seconds ago, I was PERFECTLY NORMAL!!!!
                      Deep breath.... reality check.... all is well.

ETA: Found it!!!! January 17, 2021!!!
                      Last edited by Cow Poke; 01-01-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

i had covid once, then the vaccine half a year or so later.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

My daughter tested positive for the China flu at around the same time I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I assume I had it, too, but I didn't bother to get tested because, frankly, I didn't care if I had it or not. People sometimes get sick. I didn't see the big deal.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes. At the end of January. Cough and fatigue were the main symptoms. Cough persisted for a bit.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X