Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Paxlovid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    At this point, I've had Covid twice. The first time, my fever lasted 3 days. The second time, I had about a half-degree fever and felt bad for an evening; worked the next day (from home). The second time, everybody in the house got it, except for my wife, who'd already had Covid twice (second time for her was also rather mild). I think I'll pass, thanks.
    Besides, you like being forced to work from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Which leads back to my original post. Why is the national emergency still in place if there are multiple therapeutics available to mitigate both symptoms and contagion?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Which leads back to my original post. Why is the national emergency still in place if there are multiple therapeutics available to mitigate both symptoms and contagion?
        Bill, it's my considered judgment that direct responses to you on this topic will only serve to firm up your decision to put your life at higher risk, so I'm going to respectfully decline to engage.

Comment

Can't beat the commute. Every once in a while, it would be helpful if I could do something from the office (like get a check from accounting so I can pay some fees which still must be done by check), and would be nice to be able to go the the office holiday party.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Can't beat the commute. Every once in a while, it would be helpful if I could do something from the office (like get a check from accounting so I can pay some fees which still must be done by check), and would be nice to be able to go the the office holiday party.
            Yeah I still work from home because I have immune deficiency (and I did take the jabs) - generally I like working from home better, but I miss the personal interactions and holiday stuff.

Comment

Bill, it's my considered judgment that direct responses to you on this topic will only serve to firm up your decision to put your life at higher risk, so I'm going to respectfully decline to engage.
              I do appreciate your concern for me Jesse. My life is in no higher risk from COVID than anything else I do. I am just as prone to die from the flu with my comorbidity (T2 Diabetes). My doctor has stopped recommending the COVID vaccine, My pharmacist has stopped. My wife's work has removed the vaccine mandate for on-site attendance. My daughter, who literally tests COVID samples every night for a major lab, is not even required to have the booster any longer. There are plenty of therapeutics available. The infection and numbers of dead are fractions of what they have been. The emergency is over. It's evident that the greed for power and control is the only thing holding the Biden admin back.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Last three places I worked the "Christmas Party" consisted of a bunch of pizzas in the lunch/break room that you could eat from when you took lunch, except for the one time one of them waited until February (when they normally had the smallest staff) to officially celebrate at a local restaurant

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If it weren't for remote, I'd be looking at a 500 mile commute, each way. That would be difficult

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X