Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Paxlovid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxlovid

I have been getting messages in my Pharmacy portal for Paxlovid, an anti-viral that they say is helpful in treating COVID-19 infections. Is it really that successful, and if so, why is the State of Emergency still going on?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

I’ve heard it’s good. The problem now is that in the early days the vax was The Thing, and doctors and pharmacists were told not to prescribe or dispense Paxlovid. And we know it’s all about control of the populace.

And money for the vax.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm still not allowed to go to the office because I didn't get the jab.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Hmmmmm
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          That's just stupid.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The Republican Candidate for POTUS - whoever that might be - should campaign on Trump's promise to reinstate every military member who was booted out because of the vax requirement with BACKPAY.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The Republican Candidate for POTUS - whoever that might be - should campaign on Trump's promise to reinstate every military member who was booted out because of the vax requirement with BACKPAY.
              Or upgrade their discharge to Honorable and offer them a Federal job
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Or upgrade their discharge to Honorable and offer them a Federal job
                Or that! Somehow - recognize them and fairly compensate them for the contempt shown them by this administration.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I have been getting messages in my Pharmacy portal for Paxlovid, an anti-viral that they say is helpful in treating COVID-19 infections. Is it really that successful, and if so, why is the State of Emergency still going on?
                    13 Things To Know About Paxlovid, the Latest COVID-19 Pill

The issue seems to be what's called "Covid Rebound" and the suggestion that those who took Paxlovid have an increased chance of testing positive for it not long after recovering (the above brings that up in #11).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's just stupid.
                      I wouldn't go that far, but he should definitely get the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I wouldn't go that far, but he should definitely get the jab.
                        It's positively pointless at this point
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's positively pointless at this point
                          US renews push for COVID boosters as data show they protect
                          Americans who got the updated COVID-19 booster shots are better protected against symptomatic infection than those who haven’t — at least for now, U.S. health officials said Tuesday.

Updated boosters rolled out by Pfizer and rival Moderna in September have been a hard sell for vaccine-weary Americans. Only about 13% of U.S. adults so far have gotten a “bivalent” shot that targets the omicron strain as well as the original coronavirus. On Tuesday, White House officials announced a renewed push for more Americans to get the latest shots.

In the first look at the new shots’ real-world effectiveness, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tracked people with coronavirus-like symptoms who sought testing at drugstores around the country between September and early November. Researchers compared the vaccination status of those who wound up having COVID-19 with those who didn’t.

The new omicron-targeting booster added 30% to 56% protection against symptomatic infection, depending on how many prior vaccinations someone had, how long ago and their age, the CDC concluded.

People getting the greatest benefit are those who’d never had a prior booster, just two doses of the original COVID-19 vaccine at least eight months earlier, said CDC’s Dr. Ruth Link-Gelles, who led the study.

But even people who got a summertime booster of the original vaccine before seeking the new fall formula were 30% to 40% more protected than if they’d skipped this latest shot, she said.

“We think about it as the additional benefit or incremental benefit of getting one more dose, and in this case that one more dose is a bivalent,” Link-Gelles said.

The updated boosters target the BA.5 omicron strain that until recently was the most common type. The original COVID-19 vaccines have offered strong protection against severe disease and death no matter the variant, but protection against mild infection has proved temporary. CDC’s analysis tracked only the first few months of the new boosters’ use so it’s too early to know how long the added protection against symptomatic infection lasts.

Comment

Americans who got the updated COVID-19 booster shots are better protected against symptomatic infection than those who haven’t — at least for now, U.S. health officials said Tuesday.

Updated boosters rolled out by Pfizer and rival Moderna in September have been a hard sell for vaccine-weary Americans. Only about 13% of U.S. adults so far have gotten a “bivalent” shot that targets the omicron strain as well as the original coronavirus. On Tuesday, White House officials announced a renewed push for more Americans to get the latest shots.

In the first look at the new shots’ real-world effectiveness, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tracked people with coronavirus-like symptoms who sought testing at drugstores around the country between September and early November. Researchers compared the vaccination status of those who wound up having COVID-19 with those who didn’t.

The new omicron-targeting booster added 30% to 56% protection against symptomatic infection, depending on how many prior vaccinations someone had, how long ago and their age, the CDC concluded.

People getting the greatest benefit are those who’d never had a prior booster, just two doses of the original COVID-19 vaccine at least eight months earlier, said CDC’s Dr. Ruth Link-Gelles, who led the study.

But even people who got a summertime booster of the original vaccine before seeking the new fall formula were 30% to 40% more protected than if they’d skipped this latest shot, she said.

“We think about it as the additional benefit or incremental benefit of getting one more dose, and in this case that one more dose is a bivalent,” Link-Gelles said.

The updated boosters target the BA.5 omicron strain that until recently was the most common type. The original COVID-19 vaccines have offered strong protection against severe disease and death no matter the variant, but protection against mild infection has proved temporary. CDC’s analysis tracked only the first few months of the new boosters’ use so it’s too early to know how long the added protection against symptomatic infection lasts.

Heard that song and dance before. Still not convincing. If you are afraid though, by all means, have at it.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

At this point, I've had Covid twice. The first time, my fever lasted 3 days. The second time, I had about a half-degree fever and felt bad for an evening; worked the next day (from home). The second time, everybody in the house got it, except for my wife, who'd already had Covid twice (second time for her was also rather mild). I think I'll pass, thanks.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X