Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Electronic Detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Detox

Sometimes it's planned and sometimes it just happens. I don't turn on my computer or smart phone for a whole day. I find it helps control my anxiety levels because I'm not bombarded by news. It seems these days that the majority of news is designed to produce an emotional response. It also seems to help me not develop FOMO.

Anybody else ever do an electronic detox?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

I try to stay off the computer on weekends. Other than my phone. I work on computers for a living, and hang out on Tweb all day long too, so by the time the weekend comes along I try to stay off computers, including Tweb. I also tend to stay off computers after 5PM on weekdays.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I try to stay off the computer on weekends. Other than my phone. I work on computers for a living, and hang out on Tweb all day long too, so by the time the weekend comes along I try to stay off computers, including Tweb. I also tend to stay off computers after 5PM on weekdays.
      Sounds very similar to my life. I do get on-line part of day on the weekend to deal with household stuff. I try not to be on-line weekday evenings.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Sounds very similar to my life. I do get on-line part of day on the weekend to deal with household stuff. I try not to be on-line weekday evenings.
        Yeah I will get on my phone to look up something, or send and receive texts. Although I do watch netflix and other streaming on my TV so I guess you could call that being online.

Comment

Every time I see this thread title I envision some chair that you sit in while they attach a bunch of electrodes to your body to zap out the bad toxins.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah I will get on my phone to look up something, or send and receive texts. Although I do watch netflix and other streaming on my TV so I guess you could call that being online.
            I suppose all that is considered on-line. As I thought about, I think for me an electronic detox is getting away from the emotional parts of the Internet. For example, endless news feeds of articles that cause anxiety, the food fights in CIVICS, the stuff that gives you, a usually negative, emotional rush. Not participating in that will ratches my stress levels down a few notches.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Every time I see this thread title I envision some chair that you sit in while they attach a bunch of electrodes to your body to zap out the bad toxins.
              Its probably grounding wires to pull the electrons out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Its probably grounding wires to pull the elections out of you.
                FIFY n/c

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I can quit anytime I want to!!

Comment

I can quit anytime I want to!!
                    Wirehead

Comment

Light from these devices send messages to the pineal gland to halt production of melatonin. Avoid any interaction with any electronic device after 6 pm for a deeper sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                        Light from these devices send messages to the pineal gland to halt production of melatonin. Avoid any interaction with any electronic device after 6 pm for a deeper sleep.
                        There's a video about that

Comment

There's a video about that
                          A link to a video? Oh boy! Why of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post

A link to a video? Oh boy! Why of course.
                            And here is the link

lucyfootball.png

Comment

How kind.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X