Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Covid-19 continues to spread dominantly among the unvaccinated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid-19 continues to spread dominantly among the unvaccinated.

Despite the rumors, selective biased citation of sources, and alien conspiracies the cases, hospitalizations and deaths are dominentely among the unvaccinated.

Source: https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/new-data-from-missouri-health-dept-shows-the-unvaccinated-account-for-bulk-of-covid-infections-deaths/

Unvaccinated, partially-vaccinated account for bulk of Missouri COVID infections and deaths

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Since Jan. 1, 2021, the overwhelming majority of COVID-19 cases and deaths in Missouri have occurred among the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, as real-world numbers continue to prove the vaccine is safe and effective in combating the spread of the deadly virus.

On Thursday, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) updated its COVID Dashboard with information on breakthrough cases and reinfections. Under the breakthrough listing, the state confirmed that the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated account for 87.4% of all cases since the new year. Conversely, just 2% of all fully-vaccinated people have contracted the virus and 0.02% of all fully-vaccinated people have died.

According to the DHSS, the state has recorded 726,208 cumulative cases of SARS-CoV-2—an increase of 7,565 positive cases (PCR testing only)—and 12,406 total deaths as of Thursday, Nov. 18, a reduction of 11 over yesterday. That’s a case fatality rate of 1.71%.

And while it’s important to keep in mind that not all cases and deaths recorded occurred in the last 24 hours, the addition of 7,500 new cases—approximately 1,200 more cases than the previous single-day record—is staggering to behold. But Missouri health officials have an explanation for the dramatic shift. On Nov. 18, the state changed how it counts and reports COVID cases and deaths. A DHSS spokeswoman said the state began counting reinfections as new cases.

State health officials report 57.1% of the total population has received at least one dose of the vaccine. Approximately 68.6% of all adults 18 years of age and older have initiated the process.

The first doses were administered in Missouri on Dec. 13, 2020.

The state has administered 142,874 doses—including booster shots—of the vaccine in the last 7 days (this metric is subject to a delay, meaning the last three days are not factored in). The highest vaccination rates are among people over 65.

Joplin, St. Louis City, and Kansas City, as well as St. Louis, St. Charles, and Boone counties are the only jurisdictions in the state with at least 50% of its populations fully vaccinated. Thirty-one other jurisdictions in the state are at least 40% fully vaccinated: Atchison, Cole, Jackson, Franklin, Greene, Cape Girardeau, Jefferson, Nodaway, Cass, Ste. Genevieve, Carroll, Andrew, Callaway, Gasconade, Christian, Benton, Adair, Clinton, Dade, Livingston, Ray, Lafayette, Montgomery, Shelby, Osage, Henry, Clay, Camden, Warren, and Howard counties, as well as the city of Independence.

Vaccination is the safest way to achieve herd immunity. Herd immunity for COVID-19 requires 80% to 90% of the population to have immunity, either by vaccination or recovery from the virus.

The Bureau of Vital Records at DHSS performs a weekly linkage between deaths to the state and death certificates to improve quality and ensure all decedents that died of COVID-19 are reflected in the systems. As a result, the state’s death toll will see a sharp increase from time to time. Again, that does not mean a large number of deaths happened in one day; instead, it is a single-day reported increase.

At the state level, DHSS is not tracking probable or pending COVID deaths. Those numbers are not added to the state’s death count until confirmed in the disease surveillance system either by the county or through analysis of death certificates.

The 7-day rolling average for cases in Missouri sits at 2,135; yesterday, it was 1,055. Exactly one month ago, the state rolling average was 797.

The 10 days with the most reported cases occurred between Oct. 10, 2020, and Jan. 8, 2021.

Approximately 49.8% of all reported cases are for individuals 39 years of age and younger. The state has further broken down the age groups into smaller units. The 18 to 24 age group has 88,261 recorded cases, while 25 to 29-year-olds have 61,472 cases.

People 80 years of age and older account for approximately 42.1% of all recorded deaths in the state.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-26-2021, 08:38 AM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

[cite-https://www.startribune.com/breakthrough-infections-rise-in-minnesota-but-unvaccinated-at-greatest-covid-19-risk/600115932/]

Breakthrough infections rise in Minnesota, but unvaccinated at greatest COVID-19 risk

More breakthrough cases tied to waning immunity, delta virus
    By Jeremy Olson Star Tribune

AARON LAVINSKY - STAR TRIBUNEJesse Rouse, 47, of Minneapolis, coughed Friday at M Health Fairview University medical center. Rouse says this is the second bout with COVID-19. Rouse previously had a double lung transplant and is unvaccinated.TEXT SIZE

Breakthrough infections are an increasing part of a prolonged COVID-19 pandemic wave in Minnesota, according to new data released Friday, but people who are unvaccinated still face the biggest risk and take up more hospital beds.

Detailed breakthrough data showed that fully vaccinated Minnesotans made up 197 of the 483 deaths from Sept. 5-Oct. 9 and 1,082 of the 3,492 COVID-19 hospitalizations. With 41% of the COVID-19 deaths in that time among the vaccinated, that is an increase from 29% over the previous four months.

The trend underscores the waning immunity in Minnesotans who received COVID-19 vaccine six or more months ago — with the majority of breakthrough deaths being in the elderly and people with underlying health conditions who were prioritized for the first doses of vaccine.

"It's fair to say we are kind of in a perfect storm moment," said Kris Ehresmann, state infectious disease director. "We have delta as the dominant strain, so that certainly has changed the landscape since we first identified it in Minnesota in June. Then you do have the impact of waning immunity."

Boosters are recommended for all recipients of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine and for recipients of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine who are seniors or younger adults with health problems or workplace risks for viral exposure.

Minnesota has released the date of every COVID-19 positive test, hospital admission and death, but hesitated to provide similar details with breakthrough infections for fear they would be misconstrued and undercut vaccination progress.

More than 3.7 million people in Minnesota have received at least first doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or 66% of the population, leaving 2 million unvaccinated people. That includes about 500,000 children 5-11 who became eligible for pediatric COVID-19 vaccine doses last week, as well as children younger than 5 who aren't eligible. [/cite]

The graph in the article is informative.

https://www.startribune.com/breakthr...isk/600115932/
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Also these:
      October 2021: Age-Adjusted COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, and Deaths Among Fully Vaccinated and Not Fully Vaccinated PeopleLast Updated: 11/15/2021

Fully Vaccinated (Per 100,000 Fully Vaccinated People)
      456.4 Cases
      12.2 Hospitalizations
      1.8 Deaths

Not Fully Vaccinated (Per 100,000 Not Fully Vaccinated People)
      2,255.1 Cases
      132 Hospitalizations
      27.3 Deaths

Source
      Past 30 Days as of 11-26-2021:

People who are not fully vaccinated are 7x more likely to test positive for Covid-19.
      People who are not fully vaccinated are 38x more likely to be hospitalized for Covid-19.
      People who are not fully vaccinated are 24x more likely to die from Covid-19 related illness.

Source

Comment

https://www.ntd.com/naturally-immune...dy_707080.html

People who recovered from COVID-19 are at little risk of contracting the disease again, according to a study published this week.

Researchers in Qatar examined a cohort of over 353,000 people using national databases that contain information about patients with polymerase-chain-reaction-confirmed infections.

The studied population contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, between Feb. 28, 2020, and April 28, 2021.

Reinfections were counted if a person tested positive at least 90 days after their first infection.

After excluding approximately 87,500 people with a vaccination record, researchers found those with immunity from having recovered from COVID-19 had little risk of reinfection and severe cases of the disease.

Just 1,304 reinfections were identified. That means 0.4 percent of people with natural immunity and without a vaccination record got COVID-19 a second time.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          https://www.ntd.com/naturally-immune...dy_707080.html

People who recovered from COVID-19 are at little risk of contracting the disease again, according to a study published this week.

Researchers in Qatar examined a cohort of over 353,000 people using national databases that contain information about patients with polymerase-chain-reaction-confirmed infections.

The studied population contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, between Feb. 28, 2020, and April 28, 2021.

Reinfections were counted if a person tested positive at least 90 days after their first infection.

After excluding approximately 87,500 people with a vaccination record, researchers found those with immunity from having recovered from COVID-19 had little risk of reinfection and severe cases of the disease.

Just 1,304 reinfections were identified. That means 0.4 percent of people with natural immunity and without a vaccination record got COVID-19 a second time.
          True, but the elephant in the room problem is the overwhelming dominance of the unvaccinated among those hospitalized and the fatalities. Also the long health effects after the recover

I would not want to risk hospitalization, dying and suffering the side effects of COVID-19 especially the long term sometimes devastating after effects.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

True, but the elephant in the room problem is the overwhelming dominance of the unvaccinated among those hospitalized and the fatalities. Also the long health effects after the recover

I would not want to risk hospitalization, dying and suffering the side effects of COVID-19 especially the long term sometimes devastating after effects.
            At your age, Frank, I don't think your vaccination status will offer that much protection, especially if you come into contact with Delta.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...evere-covid-19

Mounting data suggest that older people are at higher risk of severe disease from a breakthrough infection of COVID-19—and scientists say that should come as no surprise. After all, older age brackets have been disproportionately at risk throughout the pandemic, and that continues to be true even once someone is fully vaccinated.

But in addition to the immunocompromised, health officials are seeing worrying evidence that older age groups continue to be at higher risk from the pandemic. According to the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people over 65 account for 67 percent of hospitalizations and 85 percent of deaths from breakthrough cases. And recent media reports citing data from Seattle, Washington, and the United Kingdom show that older vaccinated people face similar—and, in some cases, greater—risks of severe disease than unvaccinated children.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

At your age, Frank, I don't think your vaccination status will offer that much protection, especially if you come into contact with Delta.

Mounting data suggest that older people are at higher risk of severe disease from a breakthrough infection of COVID-19—and scientists say that should come as no surprise. After all, older age brackets have been disproportionately at risk throughout the pandemic, and that continues to be true even once someone is fully vaccinated.

But in addition to the immunocompromised, health officials are seeing worrying evidence that older age groups continue to be at higher risk from the pandemic. According to the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people over 65 account for 67 percent of hospitalizations and 85 percent of deaths from breakthrough cases. And recent media reports citing data from Seattle, Washington, and the United Kingdom show that older vaccinated people face similar—and, in some cases, greater—risks of severe disease than unvaccinated children.
              Older age like myself is always ar risk. I have two Pfizer shots and will take the booster at six months. I rake precautions and always where a mask indoors in public.The threat of COVID-19 remains, and the new variant can complicate things.

Nonetheless the unvaccinated are at a much greater risk.
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-30-2021, 05:06 PM.

Frank

Comment

Also: When vaccinated a breakthrough infection is not as severe as those unvaccinated.

Frank

Comment

Also: When vaccinated a breakthrough infection is not as severe as those unvaccinated.
                  Did you bother to read the last sentence?
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Did you bother to read the last sentence?
                    Also: When vaccinated a breakthrough infection is not as severe as when the unvaccinated get COVID-19..

Frank

Comment

Also: When vaccinated a breakthrough infection is not as severe as when the unvaccinated get COVID-19..
                      I'll take that as a no.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I didn't know where to post this, but I wanted to share it. This is from the comments section of a youtube video:

Ok, it's really quite simple. The third dose increases immunity, so after the fourth dose you'll be protected. Once 80% of the population has received the fifth dose, the restrictions can be relaxed as the sixth dose stops the virus from spreading. I am confident that the seventh dose will solve our problems and we'll have no reason to fear the eighth dose. The clinical phase of the ninth dose will confirm that the antibodies remain stable after the tenth dose. The eleventh dose will insure that no new mutations will develop, so there is no longer any reason to criticize the twelfth dose.

Comment

I'll take that as a no.
                          Incoherent response. Please explain in English.

When vaccinated have a breakthrough infection is not as severe as when the unvaccinated get COVID-19..

Frank

Comment

Incoherent response. Please explain in English.

When vaccinated have a breakthrough infection is not as severe as when the unvaccinated get COVID-19..
                            Yours was the incoherent response. It literally contradicts the last sentence in the article I posted. I also asked a yes/no question. Your incoherent response had neither response.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yours was the incoherent response. It literally contradicts the last sentence in the article I posted. I also asked a yes/no question. Your incoherent response had neither response.
                              Please cite your article concerning the first infection rate among the unvaccinated, and NOT the statistics of the unvaccinated getting a second infection of COVID-19.

The current research clearly demonstrates that the vaccinated have milder symptoms than the unvaccinated getting their first infection.

Source: https://www.npr.org/2021/09/10/1036023973/covid-19-unvaccinated-deaths-11-times-more-likely

Unvaccinated People Are 11 Times More Likely To Die Of COVID-19, New Research Finds
                              September 10, 20215:43 PM ET
                              VANESSA ROMO

The CDC's new research found that those who were vaccinated were nearly five times less likely to get infected, 10 times less likely to get so sick they ended up in the hospital and 11 times less likely to die.

Chandan Khanna/AFP via Getty Images

Unvaccinated people are 11 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than those who are fully vaccinated, new research has found, bolstering evidence that the inoculations continue to provide powerful protection, even against the delta variant.

The latest studies from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released on Friday also found that vaccinated people were nearly five times less likely to get infected and 10 times less likely to get so sick they ended up in the hospital.

The CDC "looked at COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths in 13 states and offers further evidence of the power of vaccination," Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, said at a White House COVID-19 briefing on Friday.

"As we have shown, study after study, vaccination works," she added.

However, the studies — which analyzed data from 600,000 Americans between April 4 and July 17 — suggest that the effectiveness of the vaccines may have dropped as the delta variant became dominant. One explanation could be waning immunity. A second is that the variant is better at evading the immune system. It also could be some combination of the two factors.

Another study examining data from nine states from June through August indicated that the Moderna vaccine may be the most effective of the three available in the United States.

Article continues after sponsor message
                              The research found that across all ages, vaccine effectiveness was "significantly higher" among Moderna vaccine recipients — at 95% — than among Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients, with vaccine effectiveness of 80% and 60%, respectively.

As of Friday, White House officials said nearly 75% of eligible Americans — those 12 and older — have gotten at least their first shot, and the CDC reported about 54% of the total population is fully vaccinated.

Frank

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X