Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

CDC Admits No Record of Unvaccinated Person Spreading COVID After Recovering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The age of social media...the crossroads of this technology and that phenomena...

I don't know. I was just thinking in the same vein of guns germs and steel.

In an age where it does not look like there is a pandemic, yet there is a massive effort to vaccinate everyone because the media keep screaming pandemic,

I was just groping for some Grand Unifying Theory.

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Elizabeth Brehm, an Attorney from New York-based Siri & Glimstad filed a Freedom of Information Request Act (FOIA) request on September 2, 2021. Dated on November 5, 2021, in response to attorney’s FOIA request, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) admits that it has no record of an unvaccinated person spreading COVID after recovering from COVID.

The letter from the government agency says the record search failed to reveal any documents pertaining to her FOIA request. The CDC Emergency Operations Center conveyed that this information is not collected.
      Despite the rumors, selective biased citation of sources, and alien conspiracies the cases, hospitalizations and deaths are dominentely among the unvaccinated.

Unvaccinated, partially-vaccinated account for bulk of Missouri COVID infections and deaths

Source: https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/new-data-from-missouri-health-dept-shows-the-unvaccinated-account-for-bulk-of-covid-infections-deaths/

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Since Jan. 1, 2021, the overwhelming majority of COVID-19 cases and deaths in Missouri have occurred among the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, as real-world numbers continue to prove the vaccine is safe and effective in combating the spread of the deadly virus.

On Thursday, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) updated its COVID Dashboard with information on breakthrough cases and reinfections. Under the breakthrough listing, the state confirmed that the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated account for 87.4% of all cases since the new year. Conversely, just 2% of all fully-vaccinated people have contracted the virus and 0.02% of all fully-vaccinated people have died.

According to the DHSS, the state has recorded 726,208 cumulative cases of SARS-CoV-2—an increase of 7,565 positive cases (PCR testing only)—and 12,406 total deaths as of Thursday, Nov. 18, a reduction of 11 over yesterday. That’s a case fatality rate of 1.71%.

And while it’s important to keep in mind that not all cases and deaths recorded occurred in the last 24 hours, the addition of 7,500 new cases—approximately 1,200 more cases than the previous single-day record—is staggering to behold. But Missouri health officials have an explanation for the dramatic shift. On Nov. 18, the state changed how it counts and reports COVID cases and deaths. A DHSS spokeswoman said the state began counting reinfections as new cases.

State health officials report 57.1% of the total population has received at least one dose of the vaccine. Approximately 68.6% of all adults 18 years of age and older have initiated the process.

The first doses were administered in Missouri on Dec. 13, 2020.

The state has administered 142,874 doses—including booster shots—of the vaccine in the last 7 days (this metric is subject to a delay, meaning the last three days are not factored in). The highest vaccination rates are among people over 65.

Joplin, St. Louis City, and Kansas City, as well as St. Louis, St. Charles, and Boone counties are the only jurisdictions in the state with at least 50% of its populations fully vaccinated. Thirty-one other jurisdictions in the state are at least 40% fully vaccinated: Atchison, Cole, Jackson, Franklin, Greene, Cape Girardeau, Jefferson, Nodaway, Cass, Ste. Genevieve, Carroll, Andrew, Callaway, Gasconade, Christian, Benton, Adair, Clinton, Dade, Livingston, Ray, Lafayette, Montgomery, Shelby, Osage, Henry, Clay, Camden, Warren, and Howard counties, as well as the city of Independence.

Vaccination is the safest way to achieve herd immunity. Herd immunity for COVID-19 requires 80% to 90% of the population to have immunity, either by vaccination or recovery from the virus.

The Bureau of Vital Records at DHSS performs a weekly linkage between deaths to the state and death certificates to improve quality and ensure all decedents that died of COVID-19 are reflected in the systems. As a result, the state’s death toll will see a sharp increase from time to time. Again, that does not mean a large number of deaths happened in one day; instead, it is a single-day reported increase.

At the state level, DHSS is not tracking probable or pending COVID deaths. Those numbers are not added to the state’s death count until confirmed in the disease surveillance system either by the county or through analysis of death certificates.

The 7-day rolling average for cases in Missouri sits at 2,135; yesterday, it was 1,055. Exactly one month ago, the state rolling average was 797.

The 10 days with the most reported cases occurred between Oct. 10, 2020, and Jan. 8, 2021.

Approximately 49.8% of all reported cases are for individuals 39 years of age and younger. The state has further broken down the age groups into smaller units. The 18 to 24 age group has 88,261 recorded cases, while 25 to 29-year-olds have 61,472 cases.

People 80 years of age and older account for approximately 42.1% of all recorded deaths in the state.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Source: https://www.startribune.com/breakthrough-infections-rise-in-minnesota-but-unvaccinated-at-greatest-covid-19-risk/600115932/

Breakthrough infections rise in Minnesota, but unvaccinated at greatest COVID-19 risk

More breakthrough cases tied to waning immunity, delta virus
        By Jeremy Olson Star Tribune

AARON LAVINSKY - STAR TRIBUNEJesse Rouse, 47, of Minneapolis, coughed Friday at M Health Fairview University medical center. Rouse says this is the second bout with COVID-19. Rouse previously had a double lung transplant and is unvaccinated.TEXT SIZE

Breakthrough infections are an increasing part of a prolonged COVID-19 pandemic wave in Minnesota, according to new data released Friday, but people who are unvaccinated still face the biggest risk and take up more hospital beds.

Detailed breakthrough data showed that fully vaccinated Minnesotans made up 197 of the 483 deaths from Sept. 5-Oct. 9 and 1,082 of the 3,492 COVID-19 hospitalizations. With 41% of the COVID-19 deaths in that time among the vaccinated, that is an increase from 29% over the previous four months.

The trend underscores the waning immunity in Minnesotans who received COVID-19 vaccine six or more months ago — with the majority of breakthrough deaths being in the elderly and people with underlying health conditions who were prioritized for the first doses of vaccine.

"It's fair to say we are kind of in a perfect storm moment," said Kris Ehresmann, state infectious disease director. "We have delta as the dominant strain, so that certainly has changed the landscape since we first identified it in Minnesota in June. Then you do have the impact of waning immunity."

Boosters are recommended for all recipients of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine and for recipients of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine who are seniors or younger adults with health problems or workplace risks for viral exposure.

Minnesota has released the date of every COVID-19 positive test, hospital admission and death, but hesitated to provide similar details with breakthrough infections for fear they would be misconstrued and undercut vaccination progress.

More than 3.7 million people in Minnesota have received at least first doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or 66% of the population, leaving 2 million unvaccinated people. That includes about 500,000 children 5-11 who became eligible for pediatric COVID-19 vaccine doses last week, as well as children younger than 5 who aren't eligible.

© Copyright Original Source

The graph in the article is informative.

https://www.startribune.com/breakthr...isk/600115932/
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-26-2021, 08:22 AM.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Despite the rumors, selective biased citation of sources, and alien conspiracies the cases, hospitalizations and deaths are dominentely among the unvaccinated.

]
          Please keep these irrelevant articles out of my thread. The topic is PREVIOUSLY INFECTED, not unvaccinated covid naive people.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Please keep these irrelevant articles out of my thread. The topic is PREVIOUSLY INFECTED, not unvaccinated covid naive people.
            The articles are relevant to the problem of the spread of Covid-19 among unvaccinated persons.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

The articles are relevant to the problem of the spread of Covid-19 among unvaccinated persons.
              Please leave this thread.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X