Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Harvard And Stanford Doctors Claim ‘Fauci Fooled America’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    He is still more political bureaucrat than scientist. You can disagree all you want.
    You have the right to your own opinion, but it doesn't extend to spreading bullcrap to malign a man who's spent his entire career protecting your life and the lives of your fellow citizens. There's 53 years of support for my position, and butkus for yours. And let's not pretend this isn't only because of Trump, because Fauci was forced to contradict Trump's since admitted dishonest happy-talking portrayal of the Covid pandemic.

Trump's covid lies have cost hundreds of thousands of American lives, even by the most conservative estimates. My initial figures showed we could have held our death count to under a hundred thousand, and certainly less than twice that even figuring in the more virulent strains that appeared over time. That puts the unnecessary lives lost at over a half million. Lives that could have been saved if Trump had put Fauci and science center-stage instead of sidelining the former because he insisted on supporting the latter, instead of acting as a political bureaucrat, as your false accusation would have it.

And that's before you figure in the aggression against those supporting even the most trivial health measures, like covering up during a pandemic. School board members across the country are paying the price for your complicity.

Death threats, online abuse, police protection: School board members face dark new reality

You went off on a bender, making up a straw man to burn down arguing against stuff I never even said.

I made a simple statement: "Fauci is more political bureaucrat than scientist."

Everything else is all in your head. I made no attacks on him. I made an observation. How about you take a chill pill and calm down a bit?
    I said your accusations were false, and provided the evidence. You say that's a strawman, and provide none. Your observation is recycled vomit from partisan propaganda sites.

Did you ever ask yourself how a guy could spend a half century promoting public health across Republican and Democratic administrations without the most rigorous adherence to nonpartisanship. Because I have. And the answer is, he couldn't. The accusation is entirely baseless, and directly contradicted as again and again, when asked to provide fodder to Trump's partisan opponents by singling out the president for his misinformation, he declined, steering the conversation and questions back to science and public health and saving lives.

These attacks on Fauci are as shameful in their own right as any other false accusation, and horrendous in their collateral consequence, as they are first and foremost not an attack on Fauci, but on the science-based mitigation strategies he promotes.

I'm not calling you out, Sparko, I'm calling you to join me in battling back against deadly misinformation. Think about it.

Don't forget, I've got cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

You have the right to your own opinion, but it doesn't extend to spreading bullcrap to malign a man who's spent his entire career protecting your life and the lives of your fellow citizens. There's 53 years of support for my position, and butkus for yours. And let's not pretend this isn't only because of Trump, because Fauci was forced to contradict Trump's since admitted dishonest happy-talking portrayal of the Covid pandemic.

Trump's covid lies have cost hundreds of thousands of American lives, even by the most conservative estimates. My initial figures showed we could have held our death count to under a hundred thousand, and certainly less than twice that even figuring in the more virulent strains that appeared over time. That puts the unnecessary lives lost at over a half million. Lives that could have been saved if Trump had put Fauci and science center-stage instead of sidelining the former because he insisted on supporting the latter, instead of acting as a political bureaucrat, as your false accusation would have it.

And that's before you figure in the aggression against those supporting even the most trivial health measures, like covering up during a pandemic. School board members across the country are paying the price for your complicity.

Death threats, online abuse, police protection: School board members face dark new reality

I said your accusations were false, and provided the evidence. You say that's a strawman, and provide none. Your observation is recycled vomit from partisan propaganda sites.

Did you ever ask yourself how a guy could spend a half century promoting public health across Republican and Democratic administrations without the most rigorous adherence to nonpartisanship. Because I have. And the answer is, he couldn't. The accusation is entirely baseless, and directly contradicted as again and again, when asked to provide fodder to Trump's partisan opponents by singling out the president for his misinformation, he declined, steering the conversation and questions back to science and public health and saving lives.

These attacks on Fauci are as shameful in their own right as any other false accusation, and horrendous in their collateral consequence, as they are first and foremost not an attack on Fauci, but on the science-based mitigation strategies he promotes.

I'm not calling you out, Sparko, I'm calling you to join me in battling back against deadly misinformation. Think about it.

Don't forget, I've got cookies.
      Again, all I said was that he was more bureaucrat than scientist. How is that "spreading bullcrap" and "maligning" him? Where did I mention Trump? What "accusations" have I made? What shameful attacks on Fauci did I make?

You have gone off the deep end arguing against stuff I didn't say. That is a straw man you are burning.

Do those cookies you are eating contain hallucinogens? It sounds like it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X