Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

FBI Has 'Moderate Confidence' in Lab Leak Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Has 'Moderate Confidence' in Lab Leak Theory

FBI Has 'Moderate Confidence' in Lab Leak Theory Following 90-Day Review

So, after the "FAKE NEWS" of a Lab Leak, it's looking more and more like BigTech and MSM were wrong. Again.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations has concluded that it has "moderate confidence" in the origin of the coronavirus being an accidental leak from a Chinese laboratory, making it the only agency with such a belief following a 90-day investigation into the virus' origins, according to an intelligence report.

"One [intelligence community] element assesses with moderate confidence that COVID-19 most likely resulted from a laboratory-associated incident involving WIV or other researchers—either through exposure to the virus during experiments or through sampling," the report noted.

The 17-page report, declassified Friday, notes that only one agency endorsed the lab-leak theory following the review but does not identify which agency came to this conclusion. However, The New York Times found the FBI to be the sole agency to back the lab-leak theory. Wuhan, China, the city where the COVID-19 pandemic started, has a number of virology laboratories, including the Wuhan Institute of Virology, where bat coronaviruses were studied.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence's report comes after President Joe Biden ordered a 90-day review earlier this year to determine how COVID-19 originated. A summary was released in August, which stated that agencies were unable to produce conclusive evidence about whether the coronavirus stemmed from an animal or a laboratory.

Friday's report noted that four agencies within the intelligence community, along with the National Intelligence Council, concluded, with "low confidence," that the pandemic began with the coronavirus jumping from an animal to a human while several other agencies failed to reach a conclusion.

"Although the [intelligence community] has no indications that WIV research involved Sars-Cov-2 [the virus that causes Covid-19] or a close progenitor virus, these analysts note that it is plausible that researchers may have unwittingly exposed themselves to the virus without sequencing it during experiments or sampling activities, possibly resulting in asymptomatic or mild infection," the report reads.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The majority of the public has "high confidence"

Comment

The disease was first found in the same location as the Wuhan Virus Lab.
      It came from a bat.
      The lab was experimenting with bat corona viruses and trying to infect humanized mice.
      The Chinese government won't let inspectors in to check the lab or their records while denying they had anything to to with a leak, and even tried to blame the USA!

I don't believe in that many coincidences.

Comment

Fauci just got through saying this to Rand Paul:

Originally posted by Fauci
        I believe most card-carrying viral philologists and molecular virologists would disagree with you that it is much more likely, even though we leave open all possibilities, it's much more likely that this was a natural occurrence.
        He ignores the FBI, he dismisses Doctor Paul, he rejects the most logical conclusion, is apparently oblivious to opinions from his peers (https://www.newsweek.com/how-fauci-f...pinion-1643839), and couldn't care less about popular opinion.

What a train wreck

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

He ignores the FBI, he dismisses Doctor Paul, he rejects the most logical conclusion, is apparently oblivious to opinions from his peers (https://www.newsweek.com/how-fauci-f...pinion-1643839), and couldn't care less about popular opinion.

What a train wreck
          His claim is that "most card-carrying viral philologists and molecular virologists would disagree" with Paul. That is something that should be relatively easy to confirm or disprove.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            FBI Has 'Moderate Confidence' in Lab Leak Theory Following 90-Day Review

So, after the "FAKE NEWS" of a Lab Leak, it's looking more and more like BigTech and MSM were wrong. Again.
            You left out the link to your propaganda source, again. Your source, which you're relying on to attack the MSM, relies on reporting from the NY Times to identify the FBI. And the FBI's confidence is an outlier.
            Four intelligence agencies, and the National Intelligence Council, consider the natural causes theory more plausible. One agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, backs the lab leak theory. But none of those agencies have delivered to the director of national intelligence or the White House a high-confidence assessment, which shows the doubt that continues to swirl around the question.

Ya never check a damn thing before spouting off your latest ignorant attack, goober.

I kinda like that look on you.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            His claim is that "most card-carrying viral philologists and molecular virologists would disagree" with Paul. That is something that should be relatively easy to confirm or disprove.
            It's true. Personally, I still think it most likely found its way to Wuhan in a sample collected by the WIV, but my suspicions are all based on indirect evidence. Emphasis on "most likely" ... you can call that "moderate confidence." And there's still the history of SARS-CoV-1 that took most of a decade to track back to its source, and did indeed manage to arrive via an intermediate host.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
              It's true. Personally, I still think it most likely found its way to Wuhan in a sample collected by the WIV, but my suspicions are all based on indirect evidence. Emphasis on "most likely" ... you can call that "moderate confidence." And there's still the history of SARS-CoV-1 that took most of a decade to track back to its source, and did indeed manage to arrive via an intermediate host.
              What are you claiming is "true"?

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                Again? A smart teetcher like you seemed to be able to find it easy enough, so you can quit your whining.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Again? A smart teetcher like you seemed to be able to find it easy enough, so you can quit your whining.
                  He professorated it

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    He professorated it
                    And I am much obligatorational!

Comment

What a train wreck
                      I don't see a reason to think the FBI is more qualified to say what happened in China than the intelligence agencies that specialize in finding out what's going on in other countries. And "moderate confidence" is not quite the same as "high confidence" in any case.

It's also not uncommon for one doctor to dismiss the opinion of another, less qualified doctor.

As for Fauci's peers, they haven't reached a consensus. And I would hope that he pays no attention to popular opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I don't see a reason to think the FBI is more qualified to say what happened in China than the intelligence agencies that specialize in finding out what's going on in other countries. And "moderate confidence" is not quite the same as "high confidence" in any case.

It's also not uncommon for one doctor to dismiss the opinion of another, less qualified doctor.

As for Fauci's peers, they haven't reached a consensus. And I would hope that he pays no attention to popular opinion.
                        Fauci says - he believes - most viral philologists and molecular virologists would not agree the current pandemic is the result of a Wuhan lab leak. He's probably talking about people who work under him and wouldn't dare contradict him for fear of losing their jobs, because he didn't cite a single philologist or virologist who agrees with him. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to add up the evidence. 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4. I'm sure that's what the FBI is looking at. Fauci is in pure denial mode.

Comment

Fauci says - he believes - most viral philologists and molecular virologists would not agree the current pandemic is the result of a Wuhan lab leak. He's probably talking about people who work under him and wouldn't dare contradict him for fear of losing their jobs, because he didn't cite a single philologist or virologist who agrees with him. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to add up the evidence. 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4. I'm sure that's what the FBI is looking at. Fauci is in pure denial mode.
                          I would love to know what most viral phylogenists and molecular virologists think about the lab-leak hypothesis. I don't think it's a good idea to just assume that Fauci is wrong about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I would love to know what most viral phylogenists and molecular virologists think about the lab-leak hypothesis. I don't think it's a good idea to just assume that Fauci is wrong about that.
                            How would a phylogenist or molecular virologist know if the virus escaped from the lab? They might be able to tell if a virus was genetically modified, but if the lab merely used exposure to human cells in order to use selective breeding to create the virus then there would be no genetic markers. And if that escaped from a lab there would be no way for a virologist to tell. It would take investigating the lab itself, interviewing scientists or finding records in order to prove a lab leak. We may never know. But the circumstantial evidence and the Chinese government's reaction sure points that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

How would a phylogenist or molecular virologist know if the virus escaped from the lab? They might be able to tell if a virus was genetically modified, but if the lab merely used exposure to human cells in order to use selective breeding to create the virus then there would be no genetic markers. And if that escaped from a lab there would be no way for a virologist to tell. It would take investigating the lab itself, interviewing scientists or finding records in order to prove a lab leak. We may never know. But the circumstantial evidence and the Chinese government's reaction sure points that way.
                              Yeah you don't destroy all records and samples and "disappear" the doctors who did talk (who tragically died in spite of heroic efforts to save them ) unless you have a darn good reason to.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X