Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness declines after six months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness declines after six months

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ter-six-months

Study shows Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness declines after six months

A study published on Monday in The Lancet medical journal found that the efficacy of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine fell below 50 percent after about six months after the second dose.

The Pfizer-funded study found that Pfizer's vaccine was 88 percent effective in the first month after full vaccination but dropped to 47 percent effectiveness at about six months. The vaccine was also found to be highly effective against the delta variant, which was found to be over 90 percent effective in the first months before dropping to 53 percent effectiveness after four months.

Researchers determined that the waning immunity had to do with the amount of time since an individual was given the second shot rather than due to the highly infectious delta strain.

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

hmmmm
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ter-six-months

Study shows Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness declines after six months

A study published on Monday in The Lancet medical journal found that the efficacy of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine fell below 50 percent after about six months after the second dose.

The Pfizer-funded study found that Pfizer's vaccine was 88 percent effective in the first month after full vaccination but dropped to 47 percent effectiveness at about six months. The vaccine was also found to be highly effective against the delta variant, which was found to be over 90 percent effective in the first months before dropping to 53 percent effectiveness after four months.

Researchers determined that the waning immunity had to do with the amount of time since an individual was given the second shot rather than due to the highly infectious delta strain.

The last study I read about claimed that after 7 months there were no antibodies from the vaxx left.

But according to Yale (released near the end of last month):

Pfizer and Moderna have been monitoring immunity in people who were given their vaccines in the initial clinical trials—both companies had reported strong overall efficacy at the six-month mark. (Pfizer reported on its efficacy in a preprint that has not been reviewed by outside scientists; Moderna released a company statement.)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So get the booster shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So get the booster shot.
          Still a few months to go and why I want to get the Moderna one.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Still a few months to go and why I want to get the Moderna one.
            We had the Moderna. I thought they were having the same fading of immunity as the Pfizer?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

We had the Moderna. I thought they were having the same fading of immunity as the Pfizer?
              AFAICT, not nearly as much.

Comment

AFAICT, not nearly as much.
                Well, that's good!

But my daughter and her husband both just had the Pfizer last Friday, first dose.
                Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:25 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So get the booster shot.
                  And when that fades?
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The last study I read about claimed that after 7 months there were no antibodies from the vaxx left.

But according to Yale (released near the end of last month):

Pfizer and Moderna have been monitoring immunity in people who were given their vaccines in the initial clinical trials—both companies had reported strong overall efficacy at the six-month mark. (Pfizer reported on its efficacy in a preprint that has not been reviewed by outside scientists; Moderna released a company statement.)

In a U.S. government study of weekly case counts at about 3,800 nursing homes released in August, researchers found effectiveness of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines against infection decreased over time from 75% in March to 53% on Aug. 1.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And when that fades?
                      get another one. Just like the flu shot.

Comment

And when that fades?
                        In the UK we get the flu jab every autumn due to virus variation. We soon get Covid boosters and they will probably repeat and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

In the UK we get the flu jab every autumn due to virus variation. We soon get Covid boosters and they will probably repeat and repeat.
                          I haven't got a flu shot in 13 years since I retired from the Air Force. I only got the flu once in that time frame.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I haven't got a flu shot in 13 years since I retired from the Air Force. I only got the flu once in that time frame.
                            I don't often hear of friends with flu, but in 2019 a 50s something builder neighbour got stressed over the completion of his last home-build house to retire to. He got a severe cold, turned to flu and he died in intensive care after a two week struggle with it. He had been too young to be eligible for the jab. Very sad.

Comment

get another one. Just like the flu shot.
                              Flu shots are yearly and for different variants. This is a one-shot-fits-all and needed a few times a year.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X