Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Fauci pressed if he should 'step aside'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Since ya asked, yes, I'm a Georgian now.

We got working internet switched on last Wednesday. I streamed my first discussion sessions from my property on Saturday after packing up the car tight for the last trip up on Thursday. The car's only about half emptied, more a reflection of the need to put in 20-hour days getting the two Saturday miniterm sections lined up and running before our first meeting, and the need to catch up on missing z's yesterday.

2021-10-04_09-01-56.jpg

That pic is from moments ago, taken from the front door of the Gulfstream I'm sitting in right now, the source of the shadow.

Obviously, if I needed it more quickly, it didn't go in the trunk.

My chair, who'd asked me to grab those two classes for her a couple months ago, also promised to get me all the supporting materials after the regular classes' first week hell was over, and then promptly caught a case of breakthrough covid. Five weeks later, that is, on Friday last week, she finally tested negative again, just in time for me to throw a fit saying my first Saturday class was meeting the next morning, at 8:30 am, and I was going with what I had. Instead, she canceled a crapload of meetings and worked with me downloading packages and getting them loaded up into Blackboard.

The second class started at 12:30 pm Saturday. For reasons, it needs a standardized department syllabus, I got the department syllabus for that one at 7 am Saturday, while furiously putting last touches in on the 8:30 am class, so I didn't even read it until 10:30 am, two hours before the class started.

It's been a week.

_____

So, linkys. That post was an amalgam of stories I've read over the past months, and one in particular from a couple weeks ago that lined up the remaining black, Hispanic, and white hesitators, which I can't seem to find now. But I did find a related Brookings article that I hadn't actually read previously, that identifies a KFF study I'd seen, confirmed by a recent Gallup poll, that was the basis for the story I'd read, most likely on NYTimes, WaPo, or WSJ, my daily reads.

For COVID-19 vaccinations, party affiliation matters more than race and ethnicity
    At the beginning of the COVID-19 vaccination push nine months ago, many experts worried—with justification—that people of color would be left behind. Sadly, it is a well-established fact that people of color suffer from poorer access to quality health care. And early on, there was some evidence of these disparities; in March of this year, for example, I documented inequities in vaccine share among Black Americans in Maryland. Fortunately, the situation has improved over time, in part because governments at every level have worked hard to make vaccines and accurate information available to everyone. According to a report from the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) released on Sept. 28, gaps in vaccination rates across racial and ethnic groups have virtually disappeared—while gaps reflecting political affiliation have widened substantially.

Of Americans surveyed from Sept. 13-22, 72% of adults 18 and older had been vaccinated, including 71% of white Americans, 70% of Black Americans, and 73% of Hispanics. Contrast these converging figures with disparities based on politics: 90% of Democrats had been vaccinated, compared with 68% of Independents and just 58% of Republicans.

A Gallup survey released on Sept. 29 confirmed the KFF findings. As of mid-September, 75% of adult Americans have been vaccinated, including 73% of non-Hispanic white adults and 78% of non-whites. Along party lines, however, the breakdown was 92% of Democrats, 68% of Independents, and 56% of Republicans.
    Did you say that the picture of the car was taken from a Gulfstream? As in the jet. A jet is sitting on the land you recently acquired in south Georgia.

As for a link, I guess I could have been clearer, but I wanted one to my "previous Fauci lab thread filled with breathless "fox guarding the henhouse" accusations."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Did you say that the picture of the car was taken from a Gulfstream? As in the jet. A jet is sitting on the land you recently acquired in south Georgia.
      You only have to land once.

As for a link, I guess I could have been clearer, but I wanted one to my "previous Fauci lab thread filled with breathless "fox guarding the henhouse" accusations."
      Could have been clearer? That's what you wanted to know? I spent all that time trying to source out the major themes from that post, and all you wanted was the gossip?

God hates me.

Comment

You only have to land once.
        By dropping it out of the sky. Last time I looked they needed a runway and swampy forest area is mighty low on those things.

Could have been clearer? That's what you wanted to know? I spent all that time trying to source out the major themes from that post, and all you wanted was the gossip?

God hates me.
        My work for today is done.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          By dropping it out of the sky. Last time I looked they needed a runway and swampy forest area is mighty low on those things.

My work for today is done.
          https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            That fits the shadow cast!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That fits the shadow cast!
              I have strong googlefu!

Comment

That would make a lot more sense but considering who we're dealing with I don't rule anything out as unpossible.

Comment

This is a '99, mine is a '98.

Comment

This is a '99, mine is a '98.

sweet.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X