Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

How do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jake just says, "Oh, you wanted them down there? OK!" and goes back to sleep.
    My last dog, Taz was like that. Unless it was food, he would ignore it. One time I actually caught him playing with a toy. But when he saw me noticing, he stopped and acted embarrassed or something and walked away like Joe Biden at a press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I have watched my dog think. He has two favorite toys, so one day I threw them both at the same time. He ran down the hall to get them, then stopped, stared at them for a a few seconds, clearly trying to figure out how to get both of them. Then he grabbed his frog, ran back and dropped it at my feet, then ran back and got the other one (a gator) and brought it back.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I left of the "e" in pi(e) chart. When I type quickly sometimes I leave off a letter, or maybe my keyboard doesn't register it. Seems to happen fairly often if I am typing fast. Maybe it's my brain!!
        Happens to me so often that I have to proofread specifically looking for words that are missing their last letter.

Comment

My last dog, Taz was like that. Unless it was food, he would ignore it. One time I actually caught him playing with a toy. But when he saw me noticing, he stopped and acted embarrassed or something and walked away like Joe Biden at a press conference.
          We had a dog (Hamish). There was a feral cat in the yard, and my wife (Liz) told Hamish to "get the cat." Dutiful bloke that he was, he started barking his head off and chased the cat out of the yard. After that, anytime that the cat was in the yard, Hamish would chase it out - or so we thought. I looked out of the window one day, and there was Hamish cuddled up with the cat on the back lawn - I went outside ... Hamish looked back and forth between me and the cat a few times, thought for a few seconds, then started to chase the cat away. I yielded to the inevitable and made it clear that Hamish could make his friend welcome.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Happens to me so often that I have to proofread specifically looking for words that are missing their last letter.
            Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Lots of falcons and hawks here not to mention owls. I heard a screech owl cry about two years ago (first time since I was a young'un) behind a friend's house. Absolutely terrified his wife.
              I've only seen one owl in the 15 years since I've moved to Missouri. I thought I would see lots of them. Hawks, vultures galore, wild turkeys, and even bald eagles in winter, but only one owl. I need to get out at night more.

Comment

I can't even imagine how someone could function without an internal 'voice'. How would you make plans about what you are going to do? How could you make any sort of decision or think about the future? How would you 'think" about anything? Would you just "react" to things going on around you like an animal?
                A retired civil engineer friend was very articulate in conversation, and very interesting. In 2006 he had a stroke and lost the ability to understand language completely. He still cannot speak or write sense, but he can often say short rhetorical phrases that he used all his life, such as 'Well I never....' or 'Now let's see....' but they are out of context with anything that is happening around him. But he can still draw..
                He has full use of all limbs, vision, etc. I cannot imagine how he thinks now.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X